Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 25th Sep 17, 6:40 PM
    • 23,488Posts
    • 41,384Thanks
    ZTD
    And now the fuse is lit...
    • 25th Sep 17, 6:40 PM
    And now the fuse is lit... 25th Sep 17 at 6:40 PM
    Well...

I have a house. And a mortgage. Took years and cost a fortune, as Batman said once.

Don't talk to me about surveys (though this one at "so so" was better than many). Or surveyors (I wouldn't use this one again - seemed scared of ladders). Or vendors (though this one was great). Or estate agents (this one was truly dreadful). Or solicitors (though this one was great).

I don't suppose this diary is going to be much about finances or mortgages, because let's face it, apart from a little kerfuffle once a month (when I get paid) nothing much seems to happen. It'll probably just being rude about things, and encouraging others to be rude too...

Welcome aboard the mortgage diary. Hopefully it will be an express elevator to hell - going down!

Twenty five years seems a long time otherwise...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Page 22
    • edinburgher
    • By edinburgher 10th Jan 18, 10:15 AM
    • 10,807 Posts
    • 57,015 Thanks
    edinburgher
    Diet Irob Bru is the drink of the devil.Fact.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    What is your stance on Diet Irn Bru Max Platinum (or whatever the other diet one is called)?
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 10th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    What is your stance on Diet Irn Bru Max Platinum (or whatever the other diet one is called)?
    Originally posted by edinburgher
    And to think, at one time, the last place an item with a poncy name would fly would have been Scotland...

Cleaned the local Tesco out of Irn Bru. I did leave one, but if you're a short-arrse, then that bottle is not in your destiny...

I should have enough for about a year. I only buy it because it doesn't have artificial sweetener in.

Second best is 7Up/Sprite which only have Stevia in.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 10th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    While driving home tonight, something white passed high over the road in front of me. I'm guessing an owl, and it is a guess as unsurprisingly it was dark and I couldn't see it all that well.

They must have damn good eyes. I wouldn't have *driven* without lights, never mind done any flying...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 10th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 28,368 Posts
    • 158,038 Thanks
    Karmacat
    I'm just shutting down for the evening now, Z, but what a great sighting! I've very rarely seen an owl
    Retired August 2016
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jan 18, 8:50 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    But the question is , are your knuckles ok?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Originally posted by edinburgher
    Cant remember what you call it either but it is ok

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Think it might be iron bru extra

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Jan 18, 8:54 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Z~~Am looking for a reasonably priced 2 slot silber toaster.
    Non signing or dancing.
    Any thoughts?

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 10th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    I'm just shutting down for the evening now, Z, but what a great sighting! I've very rarely seen an owl
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    I am rather rural now. I was watching hens and a cockerel pecking around my washing line a few days ago.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 10th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    But the question is , are your knuckles ok?
    One of them looks like it was weeping today, but not leaving smears which would be annoying.

Z~~Am looking for a reasonably priced 2 slot silber toaster.
    Non signing or dancing.
    Any thoughts?
    Get out into the January sales while they're still on. My local Currys were selling off a really expensive toaster for about £20 when I was there recently.

OK, it was a fancy four-slice one about the size of a small microwave, but I'm sure there will be others as well.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 11th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    You know, sometimes I think I'm paranoid, then my precautions are needed...
    • British Gas don't believe my final meter reading. Lucky I took a picture of the gas meter with that day's paper in the shot then - isn't it?
    • A supplier on Amazon claiming they read their description with different words to what I do. Lucky I took a screenshot then...

Luckily Northumbrian Water came up trumps with a prompt £30 refund. Of course I'd taken a photo of the water meter as well...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Very prudent of you my man.

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 11th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    Very prudent of you my man.
    I know, but I have this naive hankering for some kind of time in the past, when the world was sepia, companies were honest and competent, and nobody had to do this kind of thing...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    I know, but I have this naive hankering for some kind of time in the past, when the world was sepia, companies were honest and competent, and nobody had to do this kind of thing...
    Originally posted by ZTD
    Oh so do i.
    I got a bill this week which was paid on the 30th NOv in full & they say I only paid part

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 11th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    Oh so do i.
    I got a bill this week which was paid on the 30th NOv in full & they say I only paid part
    Yes, and then you have to spend your time and effort putting them right.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, and then you have to spend your time and effort putting them right.
    Originally posted by ZTD
    age.
    BAh.
    Yes, that's it.
    Phone calls, printing & post

• Butti
    • By Butti 12th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 4,562 Posts
    • 12,081 Thanks
    Butti
    You know, sometimes I think I'm paranoid, then my precautions are needed...
    • British Gas don't believe my final meter reading. Lucky I took a picture of the gas meter with that day's paper in the shot then - isn't it?
    • A supplier on Amazon claiming they read their description with different words to what I do. Lucky I took a screenshot then...

Luckily Northumbrian Water came up trumps with a prompt £30 refund. Of course I'd taken a photo of the water meter as well...
    Originally posted by ZTD
    Wise man.
    when that woman (not Monica Lewinsky) reversed into me, the first thing I did was take a snap of the scene.

The good old days were when we weren't allowed to wear trousers to school and when my friend couldn't train to become a pilot with the RAF. It was great!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (2/15N )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB NSD June 2/7
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 12th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 23,488 Posts
    • 41,384 Thanks
    ZTD
    Wise man.
    when that woman (not Monica Lewinsky) reversed into me, the first thing I did was take a snap of the scene.
    Originally posted by Butti
    Yes, somebody I worked with, didn't - and paid the price...

The good old days were when we weren't allowed to wear trousers to school
    Trousers?!

Next you'll be wanting to wear shorts!

and when my friend couldn't train to become a pilot with the RAF.
    Combat?

It was great!
    And then sepia died out, and we all went black-and-white.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 12th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 28,368 Posts
    • 158,038 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Good grief! Taking photos of meter readings never occured to me ... accidents, yes (though I might have forgotten in the stress of the moment) ... blimey.
    Retired August 2016
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 49,570 Posts
    • 186,542 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good grief! Taking photos of meter readings never occured to me ... accidents, yes (though I might have forgotten in the stress of the moment) ... blimey.
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Nor me. At all.
    My mind does not work like that.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter