Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • matlof
    • By matlof 24th Sep 17, 11:09 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    matlof
    Employment Tribunal Questions
    • 24th Sep 17, 11:09 PM
    Employment Tribunal Questions 24th Sep 17 at 11:09 PM
    In about one month my wife will have final hearing in Employment Tribunal. I will be representing her and I have some questions. I will be very greatfull if you can help me. I learned everything just from websites.
    Case is for victimisation, race and pregnancy discrimination and constructive dismisal.
    1. If in ET 1 I included victimisation, but didn't describe all of detriments she experienced can I add it in witness statment? Can this new dertiments be part of procedings?
    2. If I representing my wife and I am also the witness, can she ask me the questions during cross examination?
    3. During cross examination can I ask as many question as I would like or there is any limit?
    This are the questions I coudn't find answer in other places
    Many Thanks
    Matt
Page 4
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 6th Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 777 Posts
    • 1,843 Thanks
    nicechap
    2000 is on the high side if she's been on maternity leave which op says she's been.

I know it's difficult to make sense of op but in one post he said they manager said it was unsafe for her to renew with NBC. I'm guessing there's more to this than the op recognises.
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
    • pioneer22
    • By pioneer22 6th Oct 17, 11:36 PM
    • 417 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    pioneer22
    2000 is on the high side if she's been on maternity leave which op says she's been.

I know it's difficult to make sense of op but in one post he said they manager said it was unsafe for her to renew with NBC. I'm guessing there's more to this than the op recognises.
    Originally posted by nicechap
    Agreed, but you would only have a year out on mat leave.

Anyway, people go on mat leave and have to reval all the time. Def more to this......
    • aife
    • By aife 7th Oct 17, 3:10 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    aife
    I thought the OP was talking about registration , not revalidation ?
    Not everyone has to revalidate at present , the NMC is introducing it in stages.
    I'm confused about what you've said about registration- when exactly did your wife renew her registration ? Is it due again soon ?
    I'm very concerned about what you've said about the NMC . What was the anonymous referral about ? and what have the NMC said ? Are they investigating it ? Has she been called to a hearing ?
    OP - I have no idea whether your wife was victimised or not , I know there are a lot of arsehole managers out there , but these things can be very difficult to prove and from what you've posted here it doesn't sound as if you have much evidence.
    And sorry if this seems rude , but to echo what others have said , it seems very obvious that you are not gling to be able to present her case well and win over a tribunal.
    it's possible her employer may come back to you with a settlement offer. If they do , then please , PLEASE , take it. It would be the best outcome for you.
    And make sure any settlement includes an agreed reference.
    • aife
    • By aife 7th Oct 17, 3:19 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    aife
    It's normal for a nurse to pay this themselves in the private sector, unless their contract states otherwise.
    Originally posted by IAmWales

It's normal in the NHS for nurses to pay their own registration fees as well. We all have to do our bit to keep the NMC in the style to which they've become accustomed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter