Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davelewis
    • By davelewis 24th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 363Posts
    • 339Thanks
    davelewis
    M&S Sale
    • 24th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    M&S Sale 24th Sep 17 at 9:42 PM
    Just received a sparks 50% off sale preview email. Hopefully this means the sale will start online and instore Tuesday 26th September :-)

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 26 Sep: Go online to M&S or in store (find your nearest) to get up to 50% off selected clothing, beauty, home and furniture products.

The sale began on Tue 26 Sep and M&S says the sale will run while stocks last, so go quick if there’s something you want.

Big thanks to davelewis for the spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Oliver; 26-09-2017 at 6:08 PM.
Page 2
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 47,774 Thanks
    Pollycat
    There was a load of sale stuff in various places - ladies, mens, shoes & lingerie - in my local M&S this morning.
    • maz1411
    • By maz1411 11th Oct 17, 6:28 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    maz1411
    Sale M&S/ yellow sticker
    Are we on yo yellow stickers yet ?
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 11th Oct 17, 8:07 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 47,774 Thanks
    Pollycat
    The sale has finished online. Does anyone know whether it is still continuing in store?
    Originally posted by kellybells
    I don't think this is true.

I've looked at the M&S website this morning and the sale is still on
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 11th Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Are we on yo yellow stickers yet ?
    Originally posted by maz1411
    Not yet. I work for M&S and it's still returnable within 14 days at the moment.

Emz xx
    £10 a day in December - £11.76/£310
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 11th Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Not yet. I work for M&S and it's still returnable within 14 days at the moment.

Emz xx
    Originally posted by Emzilla
    Do you know when to expect the yellow stickers?
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 11th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Do you know when to expect the yellow stickers?
    Originally posted by kiwi07
    Hmm, not sure at the moment. It went down again on Saturday, so should be going down again soon. There was a big reduction this time as we need to make way for Christmas stock, so they're trying to get rid of everything quickly. I would guess early next week, but don't quote me on it.

Emz xx
    £10 a day in December - £11.76/£310
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 11th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Hmm, not sure at the moment. It went down again on Saturday, so should be going down again soon. There was a big reduction this time as we need to make way for Christmas stock, so they're trying to get rid of everything quickly. I would guess early next week, but don't quote me on it.

Emz xx
    Originally posted by Emzilla
    Thanks, please let us know if you hear anything. We will really appreciate it!
    • ummati
    • By ummati 12th Oct 17, 11:03 AM
    • 299 Posts
    • 782 Thanks
    ummati
    90% off sale this morning in my local m&s. Didn't even intend to go inside but then saw people coming out with bags of stuff.
    • babymt
    • By babymt 12th Oct 17, 5:43 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    babymt
    90% in my local store today. First time I've ever seen them keep the sale stuff in the specific areas (men, kids, shoes etc) and couldn't find the kids as it was really well hidden which meant there was alot left.

I spent £26 and got a huge bag of stuff. Really pleased! If you have girls then look at the sandals in the womens section as they had lots of really small sizes.
    • beluga
    • By beluga 12th Oct 17, 7:31 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 5,095 Thanks
    beluga
    90% off in my local store today! I popped in on my way past and came out with two pairs of jeans (£25, £19.50), a pair of trousers (£25), a jumper (£15)and a straw hat (£17.50) for £10, saving £92. It was all in one big sale section in the middle of the store. Really pleased
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 13th Oct 17, 12:08 AM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    Is it allowed to bring items bought at the previous markdowns back for a refund and re-buy them straight away at the 90% price?
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 13th Oct 17, 6:37 AM
    • 4,387 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Is it allowed to bring items bought at the previous markdowns back for a refund and re-buy them straight away at the 90% price?
    They usually on't allow this, which is fair enough really, you take a risk when buying something.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 13th Oct 17, 6:52 AM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 19,308 Thanks
    Doc N
    Theoretically, perhaps:

Sale items

For sale items purchased via our Website, we will be happy to either refund or exchange an item if you change your mind within 14 days of receipt. Our refund or exchange policy for sale items purchased in store may differ and this will be made clear to you at the time of purchase.

But in practice they'll not allow you to repurchase the same items - they end up behind the refund counter, and you'll probably have quite a wait before you see them out for sale again, if ever.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Oct 17, 8:36 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 47,774 Thanks
    Pollycat
    The only way I can see this working is if you find the identical item on the sale rail at 90% off, buy it and then return the higher priced item in a separate transaction.
    • kassij102
    • By kassij102 13th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 1,448 Thanks
    kassij102
    Yellow stickers
    Thanks, please let us know if you hear anything. We will really appreciate it!
    I went into my local yesterday and got over £300 worth for £24. Lots of jeans, trousers, dresses and shoes, from as little as 50p. Most expensive item i got was £3.29
    • Storck
    • By Storck 13th Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,802 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    Storck
    They normally would remove the items that you have returned and reduce them later and put them out later in the shift. So if you have all day to hang around you might get lucky.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • kiwi07
    • By kiwi07 14th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    kiwi07
    They normally would remove the items that you have returned and reduce them later and put them out later in the shift. So if you have all day to hang around you might get lucky.
    Originally posted by Storck
    I may pop in tomorrow on Sunday but with the sale being on the last day, they would probably not put them out?
    • ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 14th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 406 Thanks
    ladybabe
    so popping in tomorrow got some stuff at the 70% off bras etc defo worth a rummage
    There are people so poor that the only thing they have is money
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Oct 17, 8:52 AM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 47,774 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I wandered past the sale rail yesterday (I needed to use the loo ).
    I bought a pair of dusky pink crops with self coloured flowery embroidery for £2.49 (think they'd been £22.50) and a straw hat with a mint tropical brim for £1.49 that had been £17.50.
    I have the bikini in the mint colour from this summer's sale.
    Not sure I can see myself sashaying round the pool wearing bikini & hat together though.

I got it out in the pub - we were with 2 other couples - and the hilarity it caused was worth the £1.49.
    And I still have a (imho) trendy hat for my holidays.

Rest of the stuff was pretty big sizes.
    But if you're going past I'd say it was worth a look in case someone has returned something that takes your fancy.
    Neither the crops or hat had been on the rail on Friday.
    But I wouldn't make a special trip.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Oct 17, 9:27 AM
    • 24,192 Posts
    • 50,864 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I was at the branch in Gracechurch Street on Friday and didn’t see any sign of reductions!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,982Posts Today

7,676Users online

Martin's Twitter