Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dumday
    • By dumday 24th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 8Thanks
    dumday
    Co-op cel
    • 24th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    Co-op cel 24th Sep 17 at 5:46 PM
    My Sons car got a p c n from civil enforcement ltd , whilst at the co-op . which he decided to ignore,or forget . because he wasn't the driver , he has since moved out and gone to university . The second letter he got was returned to sender without opening . He has now received a third letter which was opened , and they are now demanding £140 within 14 days or the matter will be put in the hands of debt collectors and the courts . I have read about various appeal times but by the looks of things that root has gone . I have been on other sites and been advised many different ways to tackle this . So at this late stage what would you suggest ? Thanks for any advise
    Last edited by dumday; 25-09-2017 at 6:01 PM.
Page 3
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 50,584 Posts
    • 63,972 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ridiculously placed sign in that last pic!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dumday
    • By dumday 11th Oct 17, 8:00 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    LBA + reply
    Just to update, and see what do you think....... I have received a letter from cel stating the case has been closed . I was expecting a bit more hassle ,but this seems to be a bit soon . Dya think this is correct , and above board. ? Thanks again for everybody's input .
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 14,871 Posts
    • 23,336 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Seems genuine enough from what you say. Make sure you keep that safe for the next 6 years.

A monkey off your back!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • dumday
    • By dumday 12th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Thanks to forum ....
    Hey , as I said, it seems the letter sent by C e l might be kosher. ... Many people get wrapped up , and worried about these things ,and look for a bit of advice and SUPPORT . I can say my son ,who has just started uni . looked to this forum for some help and guidance and indeed found it . many thanks for everyone's input
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 2,328 Posts
    • 2,831 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done ....

now ... if I might be bold ....

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,157Posts Today

8,210Users online

Martin's Twitter