Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dumday
    • By dumday 24th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 8Thanks
    dumday
    Co-op cel
    • 24th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    Co-op cel 24th Sep 17 at 5:46 PM
    My Sons car got a p c n from civil enforcement ltd , whilst at the co-op . which he decided to ignore,or forget . because he wasn't the driver , he has since moved out and gone to university . The second letter he got was returned to sender without opening . He has now received a third letter which was opened , and they are now demanding £140 within 14 days or the matter will be put in the hands of debt collectors and the courts . I have read about various appeal times but by the looks of things that root has gone . I have been on other sites and been advised many different ways to tackle this . So at this late stage what would you suggest ? Thanks for any advise
    Last edited by dumday; 25-09-2017 at 6:01 PM.
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Sep 17, 10:00 PM
    • 14,952 Posts
    • 23,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    when was the origional ticket issued?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Yep, more than 24 hours since asking, no response to the question. Post #3.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • dumday
    • By dumday 25th Sep 17, 10:11 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    27/06/2017 .
    • dumday
    • By dumday 25th Sep 17, 10:13 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Sorry mate trying to get my head around all the different views and lnfo
    • dumday
    • By dumday 25th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    27/06/2017 .
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 25th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 7,388 Posts
    • 7,543 Thanks
    pappa golf
    27/06/2017 .
    Originally posted by dumday
    3 letters and threats after only 14 weeks? , you have not stated camera or ticket on car , if ticket on car that removes 4-8 weeks from the equasion
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 14,952 Posts
    • 23,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Sorry mate trying to get my head around all the different views and lnfo
    Just as regulars here are trying to get their heads around dozens upon dozens of many different and diverse threads from many OPs, all requiring detailed advice inputs, some complicated, some dangerously close to court attendance, every day of the week. We're not just dealing with your problem.

Help us to help you by providing a simple response to a simple question and you will get far more combined effort from us than you're ever likely to put in yourself to get rid of your problem.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • dumday
    • By dumday 26th Sep 17, 6:11 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    It was ANPR . Got Ticket thru the post
    • dumday
    • By dumday 26th Sep 17, 6:44 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    L B Action
    Just to point out , the L B A cel sent out on , 12 Sep
    1.at the bottom of the l b a There is a part that says for and on behalf of cel there is no name .
    2.on the schedule of information it says... "Statement of truth" ..signed-----no signature ? Don't know if this is relevant .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You didn't say a LBA had been sent - but no worries, as long as you have now responded saying that the keeper of this car, xxxxx xxxxxxx in fact lives at xxxx xxxxxx xxxxx and to cease and desist sending letters to your house which is harassment of the family living there.

You have read other CEL threads we hope, and the NEWBIES thread post #2 about how your son responds to either a re-sent LBC, or a court claim (defendable, never seen one lost here v CEL and most are just discontinued when properly defended, never saying who the driver was).

If you have not read the NEWBIES thread post #2, then you and your son need to, just in case CEL don't play fair and don't post him a new PCN to appeal from scratch. Every situation is defendable v CEL, so your son needs to be ready for either:

- a fresh PCN to appeal as keeper

or

- a fresh LBC sent to him as a threat, with no PCN to appeal

or

- a court claim (which might even come to your house if CEL ignore what you emailed to them.

None of the above is awful. All able to be handled with help from this forum if you just tell us a bit more each time about what is actually received - or preferably send your son here to start a thread when he gets whatever arrives.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dumday
    • By dumday 26th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Lba
    Just to point out , the L B A cel sent out on , 12 Sep
    1.at the bottom of the l b a There is a part that says for and on behalf of cel there is no name .
    2.on the schedule of information it says... "Statement of truth" ..signed-----no signature ? Don't know if this is relevant .
    Yes your right , I didn't say it was a LBA . It was the third letter received . But just of a matter of interest , shouldn't the above documents be signed considering one is called a statement of truth thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, that will be one argument in any defence, although they'll say it is merely a draft particulars (copy).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• dumday
    • By dumday 28th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Lba
    Hi , just trying to get my head round things.... Sent change of address to cel , sorted some photos, get them to you soon . Also been on the newbees info and seen your LBA template ,which I have printed off and sent to cel . But it is outside there 14 days guide... It's gone anyway what do you think ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Sep 17, 7:10 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ignore their random 14 days.

• dumday
    • By dumday 2nd Oct 17, 7:41 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    LBA -cel
    Hi , trying to get some photos to you, what channel would you like me to use to do so?
    Sent your. LBA , and notified change of address cheers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What?

It's not me, it's the forum. You just show broken links here to the URL of your photos, like everyone else does, on all the other threads we hope you've been reading to see what to do when.

• dumday
    • By dumday 3rd Oct 17, 5:49 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Sorry , I understand the advice is from the forum . It's just the way I've typed it . Yes , I have been reading various threads for information, and replied to cel with regards to LBA and am awaiting response . someone asked to to show some photos of signs etc . As you can see iam not that savvy with things just yet . Still would appreciate your help . Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Like I said, look at other threads, all newbies get round this, even though you can't post working links:
    You just show broken links here to the URL of your photos, like everyone else does, on all the other threads we hope you've been reading to see what to do when.
    You have to host the pictures first, in imageshack or Dropbox or something.

• DoaM
    • By DoaM 3rd Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    • 3,333 Posts
    • 3,375 Thanks
    DoaM
    The easiest way to break a link is to replace http with hxxp
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • dumday
    • By dumday 3rd Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    dumday
    Hi all,

Sorry for the slow uptake and thanks for the help. Created a Dropbox (with broken link) including some photos of the car park. As you can see, one sign is 11+ foot high and other is normally covered by parked cars + overall lack of signage.

hxxps://www.dropbox.com/sh/ju243z7ftqrsdai/AADrpJzSs59QBA91zi_MoPBaa?dl=0
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 14,952 Posts
    • 23,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ju243z7ftqrsdai/AADrpJzSs59QBA91zi_MoPBaa?dl=0

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,105Posts Today

6,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin