Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 24th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 19,703Posts
    • 31,851Thanks
    Spendless
    Teenagers first holiday without parents
    • 24th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    Teenagers first holiday without parents 24th Sep 17 at 9:16 AM
    My 17yo son is about to go on his first hol without us next month. He is meeting up with an American friend of his who is flying over and they are spending a week in London and York.

Accommodation is booked. Travel needs sorting. Any experiences they want to do, likely to book before they go, hopefully finding some discounts. Son has saved some money, but we are giving him some too (early 18th present). I'm a bit clueless to how much cash he'll actually need, they'll need to pay for most if not all meals.

Anything else he hasn't thought of?
Page 5
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 8th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,822 Posts
    • 3,799 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Shame you didn't think for a moment its not about that

If it ended as THEM saying "ok, we agree to disagree" it would be fine.

Just as you have wrote a baiting response (which is also offensive) then turn it around on me

Ok heres one reason

I have autism (waits for people to tell me thats a excuse)

Nice to take a moral high ground eh.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    You're being told that you're coming across as very childish. Irrespective of your autism you can take that on board and either apologise for disrupting the thread, or simply step away from it. They are far more constructive (and dignified) actions than trying to pick arguments where there is no reason for one.

Take a break. Get some fresh air. You'll feel better for it.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 8th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 3,668 Posts
    • 3,006 Thanks
    dekaspace
    You're being told that you're coming across as very childish. Irrespective of your autism you can take that on board and either apologise for disrupting the thread, or simply step away from it. They are far more constructive (and dignified) actions than trying to pick arguments where there is no reason for one.

Take a break. Get some fresh air. You'll feel better for it.
    Originally posted by IAmWales

I would of apologised pages ago, but when everything I say was challenged thats when it got out of hand

Then when I am the one expected to apologise, and the one who is told is childish that sets tempers flaring as it places blame on me when it wasn't me who did so.

Then when at the end when I mentioned I was happy to end it there, I still get people having to respond.

Why are they responding to me, if doing so will get a response? They are not making matters better.

I wasn't the one picking an argument, I said something, it was picked at, I gave an opinion, opinion was challenged, I reworded it, it was picked at, I reword it more, get picked at.

Like I said earlier they didn't have a problem with people mentioning things like breakfast food, but seemed to have a problem with me giving an opinion about "shopping around" and basically got "why should they" back.

Now, thats the end of it I hope.
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 8th Oct 17, 10:39 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 27,419 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    Where's he staying in London Spendless or is it too late and it's already done and over with?
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 31st Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    • 19,703 Posts
    • 31,851 Thanks
    Spendless
    Where's he staying in London Spendless or is it too late and it's already done and over with?
    Originally posted by CRANKY40
    No, he's in Edmonton until tomorrow. This is assumming he actually makes it onto the train he's booked on to.

I awoke this morning to a string of texts sent at 2am saying because they hadn't spent much money (it was day1 yesterday!) they'd decided to change one of their plans even though it's paid for and they won't get a refund and instead go elsewhere for 2 nights and the hotel and train ahd been booked. They have yet to realise that DH intended giving them a lift to London on the last day from here and now they are elsewhere.....

Not entirely sure, but either they are messing up how they buy tube tickets or they've been misinformed as it seems expensive what they're paying. And they forgot to take the vouchers I'd got them which would have got them into the Tower of London and Madam tussards cheaply so instead went to the museums.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 1st Nov 17, 2:19 PM
    • 8,981 Posts
    • 13,046 Thanks
    meer53
    No, he's in Edmonton until tomorrow. This is assumming he actually makes it onto the train he's booked on to.

I awoke this morning to a string of texts sent at 2am saying because they hadn't spent much money (it was day1 yesterday!) they'd decided to change one of their plans even though it's paid for and they won't get a refund and instead go elsewhere for 2 nights and the hotel and train ahd been booked. They have yet to realise that DH intended giving them a lift to London on the last day from here and now they are elsewhere.....

Not entirely sure, but either they are messing up how they buy tube tickets or they've been misinformed as it seems expensive what they're paying. And they forgot to take the vouchers I'd got them which would have got them into the Tower of London and Madam tussards cheaply so instead went to the museums.
    Originally posted by Spendless
    Which just goes to show that it's best to leave them to it ! Less stress for you and a great learning curve for them !
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 1st Nov 17, 5:42 PM
    • 19,703 Posts
    • 31,851 Thanks
    Spendless
    Which just goes to show that it's best to leave them to it ! Less stress for you and a great learning curve for them !
    Originally posted by meer53
    I always WAS leaving them to it, I just merely wanted some tips on discounted stuff etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,057Posts Today

9,569Users online

Martin's Twitter