Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bvagani
    • By bvagani 23rd Sep 17, 4:49 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    bvagani
    Gladstone Solicitors Small Claims Track
    • 23rd Sep 17, 4:49 PM
    Gladstone Solicitors Small Claims Track 23rd Sep 17 at 4:49 PM
    Any help would be appreciated. I parked with my 4 month baby last October in a private car park in a business centre to see my accountant, he had given me a permit but I did not realise that I had actually parked in the wrong colour bay and received a parking fine.

I have now received a letter from Gladstone Solicitors, the original 4 weeks ago to which I responded offering them a counter offer. Since then I have received a second letter, see below.
    TAKE THAT NOTICE
    It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track
    If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the small claims directions questionnaire (Form N180) and explain why.

Any help would be appreciated with a response and how to respond. Should I disagree and say I should mediate or go to small claims court?
Page 2
    • Reginald1234
    • By Reginald1234 1st Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reginald1234
    I filed my defence with the county court and now Gladstone's are asking my consent to switch for a paper based small claims track, stating that an in person trial is not worth anyone's time. My intuition is to decline the offer and to persist with a court case, with a dramatic defence Tom Cruise style! Any advice??
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 1st Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 3,991 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    KeithP
    I filed my defence with the county court and now Gladstone's are asking my consent to switch for a paper based small claims track, stating that an in person trial is not worth anyone's time. My intuition is to decline the offer and to persist with a court case, with a dramatic defence Tom Cruise style! Any advice??
    Originally posted by Reginald1234
    You asked that, and got answers, nearly two weeks ago on your own thread.
    • Reginald1234
    • By Reginald1234 2nd Oct 17, 10:44 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reginald1234
    Ughh, you're right - my PC is down and I'm doing this all via my mobile phone, for which this interface is not optimal / so I wasn't alerted by all the great guidance I got - thank you all!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin