Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sluzz
    • By sluzz 23rd Sep 17, 10:06 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sluzz
    Help Required to Appeal at POPLA
    • 23rd Sep 17, 10:06 AM
    Help Required to Appeal at POPLA 23rd Sep 17 at 10:06 AM
    Hello,

I received a parking ticket from Euro Car Parks at the Morrisons in Eccles for "Your vehicle was parked longer than the maximum period allowed".

I waiting until I received a NTC then submitted an appeal based on the main template on the sticky here. This was rejected and I have been issued a POPLA code.

Here is their rejection reply.

Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons:
    • The car park is operated by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) – cameras capture an image of vehicles entering and leaving the car park and calculate their length of stay.
    • Parking at the above site is limited to 90 minutes/hours.
    • On entry to private land it is the responsibility of the driver to check for signage and ensure that your vehicle has been correctly parked.
    • Any form of parking ticket or ‘notice’ is issued under the law ‘of trespass and Contract Law’.
    • A driver who is invited (or chooses) to park on private land and use the car parking facilities and pays a fee/s does so under a contract (signage) with the car park operator.
    • The parking contract sets out the terms that apply to the parking service, including the price.
    • The contract (signage) clearly states the extra charges are that the driver will incur and have to pay if they decide to break the contract terms − for example, by parking longer than the time paid for or exceeding the maximum time limit applicable.
    • Your vehicle was parked longer than 90 minutes/hours, therefore the notice was issued correctly and remains payable.
    Where do I go from here? Any advice?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sluzz; 23-09-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 23rd Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,003 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 23rd Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    You go to the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum for advice on both constructing a popla sppeal and complaining to the retailer (Assuming you were shopping there )
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 14,919 Posts
    • 23,387 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 23rd Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    In parallel with constructing your POPLA appeal, you should write to complain to the Morrisons CEO, include copies of any receipt or cc/bank statement to prove patronage on the day. Also send any back copies of any of the above to prove you're a regular customer. If you have one of their 'More' loyalty cards, quote that number too.

He almost always cancels tickets.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 23rd Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    Trouble is, Morrisons don't use Euro Car Parks and can't cancel their PCNs.

The landowner can, though, or the site agent that runs the retail park (Google is your friend).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• sluzz
    • By sluzz 3rd Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sluzz
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:23 PM
    So, unexpected result - I complained to Morrisions on Twitter and they canceled it.
    • poadb
    • By poadb 3rd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    poadb
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    Boom! Social media for the win! Hate it or love it, publicity is vital.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    So, unexpected result - I complained to Morrisions on Twitter and they canceled it.
    Originally posted by sluzz
    Great stuff, so they had some clout!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin