Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 23rd Sep 17, 6:51 AM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    0 WOW
    *****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****
    • 23rd Sep 17, 6:51 AM
    0 WOW
    *****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers***** 23rd Sep 17 at 6:51 AM
    Time for a new thread on this as the other one is ancient!

Please post the Aldi super six fruit & veg offers here. The old thread can be found here.

The current super six are:

14 to 27 Sept:

Figs (4 pack)
    Garlic (4 pack)
    Onions (1 kg)
    all 45p.

Cocktail Vine Tomatoes 250g
    Mixed Peppers (3 pack)
    Chestnut Mushrooms 250g
    all 65p.
    Originally posted by rhcp
    Last edited by redfox; 23-09-2017 at 7:50 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 3
    • B_M
    • By B_M 3rd Nov 17, 9:12 AM
    • 589 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    B_M
    4 satsumas for 69p....is that supposed to be a bargain?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    I was thinking that. lol
    Hard to read the page of the leaflet, so could be an error. Once reason why I hate quoting others!
    Maybe some clever MSE member can enlarge that page and check?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 3rd Nov 17, 4:35 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    robin58
    I was thinking that. lol
    Hard to read the page of the leaflet, so could be an error. Once reason why I hate quoting others!
    Maybe some clever MSE member can enlarge that page and check?
    Originally posted by B_M
    You can't go by the picture, I fell into that trap on the last Super 6 where I saw raw beetroots in the magazine and thought it would be bunched raw beetroot. Turned out to be vacuum packed cooked beetroot.

No doubt will be a netted bag of a certain weight.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • robin58
    • By robin58 3rd Nov 17, 4:38 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    robin58
    Thinking of the higher prices Aldi and Lidl seem to charging now , I wonder if we will have the 19p packed vegetables this Christmas or will they be more?
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 4th Nov 17, 12:53 AM
    • 927 Posts
    • 1,034 Thanks
    treboeth
    It's a beak down to that sadly.
    Originally posted by MysteryMe
    Is this the new Aldi rating system?
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 4th Nov 17, 10:02 AM
    • 720 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    moonshine
    4 satsumas for 69p must be an error, surely?

If not I'll be giving that a miss!
    • glensmen
    • By glensmen 4th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    glensmen
    I've got the leaflet - can confirm that it is 4 satsumas for 69p.
    • Smidster
    • By Smidster 5th Nov 17, 9:47 AM
    • 509 Posts
    • 734 Thanks
    Smidster
    My guess is that they will do all they can to keep the Christmas staples down as low as they can - It is a very tough trading environment at the moment and they probably won't mind making a loss on the carrots if they can get you to buy the rest of the Christmas tat in the same shop.

Maybe we won't see 19p again but I don't think they will be expensive.

As for the new Super6 - We need to get used to this...the days of really cheap food are going to be over with a devalued pound and Brexit.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 5th Nov 17, 3:33 PM
    • 15,621 Posts
    • 127,553 Thanks
    JackieO
    satsumas look a bit of a swizz but the rest look fine for me,I love brussels and cooked with some crispy bacon bits crumbled over once cooked they are delicious. plums not too bad and handy for a crumble,garlic keeps quite well and leeks will be fine for soup.I never buy seperate jacket spuds as often a look through ordinary bags of spuds will throw up several large ones which are fine and more than big enough for my taste. I often have one about the size of the palm of my hand from and ordinary bag with grated cheese and salad and it makes a pretty good meal mid week.I have a local shop that is selling apples ,pears at 59p a lb so I can buy as many or few as I like and even mix them up if I wish. Conference pears will keep quite well in my cool conservatory as do apples.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 5th Nov 17, 11:46 PM
    • 24,204 Posts
    • 50,881 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Well I’m going to buy a few bags of Golden Delicious before Thursday. Good size apples, and really tasty - not watery tasting like some I’ve bought recently. Even my 2-yo niece managed a whole one this evening.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 7th Nov 17, 11:28 AM
    • 15,621 Posts
    • 127,553 Thanks
    JackieO
    I have a U3A meeting on Wednesday and its right by our new Aldi's and so I will nip in and see if there are some apples left before the new offers come in
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 8th Nov 17, 8:26 AM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 1,953 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    Do they give the meat offers before? I always like to know in advance what they have on the offer but o have to wait until Thursday morning when it’s online
    • redfox
    • By redfox 23rd Nov 17, 6:50 AM
    • 12,506 Posts
    • 35,688 Thanks
    redfox
    The new selection from today until 3rd December are:

Chantenay Carrots (500g) 39p
    Large flat mushrooms (250g) 39p
    Swede 39p
    Cauliflower 69p
    Baby Maris Peer potatoes (1kg) 69p
    Green beans (220g) 69p
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 23rd Nov 17, 8:11 AM
    • 24,204 Posts
    • 50,881 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Mushrooms but that’s about it. Chantenay carrots are just too much of a faff to peel (I eat carrots raw rather than cook them).

Where’s the fruit? Oranges?

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 23rd Nov 17, 1:42 PM
    • 720 Posts
    • 1,332 Thanks
    moonshine
    not a very exciting selection again.

Think Aldi and their Super 6 are going off the boil a bit.
    • MysteryMe
    • By MysteryMe 25th Nov 17, 1:17 AM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 2,097 Thanks
    MysteryMe
    That selection is a double beak down sadly.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 25th Nov 17, 7:02 AM
    • 3,695 Posts
    • 22,649 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    That selection is a double beak down sadly.
    Originally posted by MysteryMe
    If I was a parrot it would have been a double beak UP from me! Got an enormous swede, a large cauli and a pack of 3 big mushrooms.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 25th Nov 17, 7:19 AM
    • 60,979 Posts
    • 356,171 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    Chantenay carrots are just too much of a faff to peel (I eat carrots raw rather than cook them).
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Get yourself an abrasive scourer "just for vegetables" and give them a quick 2 second rub under a dribble of running water.

I'll probably be getting a swede.... cauliflowers always seem too large to bother with.... I'd always like to buy one, but then can't face eating it all as I eat "little and often", grazing, so to have to "cook" it multiple times in various ways every day for a week is too daunting.

I can't use the spuds as I'm still ploughing my way through a regular 2.5Kg (£1.19) bag of bog standard spuds.
    Last edited by PasturesNew; 25-11-2017 at 7:21 AM.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 25th Nov 17, 12:42 PM
    • 24,204 Posts
    • 50,881 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    cauliflowers always seem too large to bother with.... I'd always like to buy one, but then can't face eating it all as I eat "little and often", grazing, so to have to "cook" it multiple times in various ways every day for a week is too daunting.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    I find cauliflowers at a good price really handy - make a load of cauliflower cheese and freeze. I'm sure cauliflower rice would work in the freezer as well.

• glensmen
    • By glensmen 3rd Dec 17, 1:09 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    glensmen
    From Thursday 7th December, until Tuesday 19th (presumably less than two weeks to allow for xmas offers)

49p:
    - Coconut
    - Persimmons, 3 pack
    - Kiwis, 6 pack

69p:
    - Mango
    - Pomegranates, 2 pack
    - Mini bananas, 7 pack
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 3rd Dec 17, 6:58 PM
    • 24,204 Posts
    • 50,881 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    From Thursday 7th December, until Tuesday 19th (presumably less than two weeks to allow for xmas offers)

49p:
    - Coconut
    - Persimmons, 3 pack
    - Kiwis, 6 pack

69p:
    - Mango
    - Pomegranates, 2 pack
    - Mini bananas, 7 pack
    Originally posted by glensmen
    Great fruit selection. Vitamin C, here I come

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,478Posts Today

7,225Users online

Martin's Twitter