Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 21st Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 3Thanks
    jwsolve
    PCN Ticket IBIS Crewe Quandry
    • 21st Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    PCN Ticket IBIS Crewe Quandry 21st Sep 17 at 9:43 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I've read the newbies post regarding the parking tickets and just wanted to post this situation to see if you can help.

The car was parked in the Hotel carpark which is next to the place of work. It has reserved parking spaces marked for the company but apparently the Hotel no longer supports this. The car was parked there on the third and fifth day from start of the job, at the time a ticket was not purchase due to the "reserved company parking spaces" - PCN(s) were received through the post some days later.

When we received the first one, I googled what was the best course of action and came across the post on this forum. I decided to appeal as per the BPA post. Afterwards we received the second PCN, which I have not appealed or done anything with yet.

The first appeal has been rejected, so I guess my question is:-

Due to the fact that a ticket was not purchased because of the reserved parking, and that the appeal has failed - what is the best course of action now?

Many thanks for any help that you can give.
    Last edited by jwsolve; 21-09-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Page 2
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 15th Oct 17, 3:13 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Good news!

They do not wish to contend charge I mentioned in the first post. We won!

Thanks again everybody.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 16th Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    claxtome
    Great. Always good to hear when we have won against a PPC.
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 29th Nov 17, 10:40 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Unfortunately, the second appeal has been unsuccessful, what are the next steps that we can take now?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 11:01 PM
    • 4,747 Posts
    • 3,088 Thanks
    KeithP
    You now do nothing.

As described in post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, ignore all debt collector's letters.

Only react if/when you receive a Letter Before Claim or official court papers.
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 29th Nov 17, 11:42 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Thanks KeithP, and ignoring it now doesn't affect credit rating etc?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 11:53 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    you would have to lose in court not pay the judgment within one month and let it slide into a CCJ before any credit rating is affected

it is ignoring the court judgment that trashes your credit rating

so if it hasnt been to court ....................
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 29th Nov 17, 11:57 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Thanks Redx, we'll wait to see what gets sent in the mail.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 30th Nov 17, 12:00 AM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    if this is Parking Eye , they have 6 years to issue a court claim, so bear in mind that if it remains unpaid they probably will issue an LBC and then an MCOL

so if you are prepared to go to court , get all your ducks in a row and save all evidence , statements etc for any court case for 6 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 30th Nov 17, 12:04 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Well, the payment that they are requesting is far greater than is acceptable - if they were merely requesting the payment cost for the day, which I believe is something like £5, then it wouldn't even be an issue.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 8:59 AM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,664 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well, the payment that they are requesting is far greater than is acceptable - if they were merely requesting the payment cost for the day, which I believe is something like £5, then it wouldn't even be an issue.
    Originally posted by jwsolve
    ParkingEye v Beavis and the Supreme Court rather destroyed that argument.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 30th Nov 17, 9:20 AM
    • 736 Posts
    • 1,366 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Presumably the date of the "infringement" is 2017? It seems clear that the signs on the site have changed. The entry sign on Google images may be inadequate (on the RHS of the road only)

Were you parked in a marked bay (i.e. was it painted on the space that the bays were reserved for the adjacent company)?
    • jwsolve
    • By jwsolve 4th Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jwsolve
    Presumably the date of the "infringement" is 2017? It seems clear that the signs on the site have changed. The entry sign on Google images may be inadequate (on the RHS of the road only)

Were you parked in a marked bay (i.e. was it painted on the space that the bays were reserved for the adjacent company)?
    Originally posted by Johnersh
    Yes the incident happened this year, also the car was parked in bays that were marked for the adjacent company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter