Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • satrdayboy
    • By satrdayboy 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 1Thanks
    satrdayboy
    New Fidelity website
    • 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    New Fidelity website 21st Sep 17 at 1:54 PM
    Has anyone logged onto Fidelity to find the site has ben updated, if I log onto my account its the old style. But if my wife logs in its a new style. Confusing as I would expect both to be the same.
Page 4
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 5th Dec 17, 6:02 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    choochootrain
    Phil, no you won't be charged anything for buying or selling funds. The £10 fee only applies to purchases/sales of shares i.e. single stocks, investment trusts and ETFs.
    • topgearfan08
    • By topgearfan08 5th Dec 17, 6:03 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    topgearfan08
    Thank-You for clarifying for me
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 5th Dec 17, 7:41 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    greenglide
    No. These are funds (OEICs or Unit Trusts), the changes, as it states, are for Investment Trusts (ITs) and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). These are "real" shares and the handling has always been different.
    • Deneb
    • By Deneb 10th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Deneb
    I'm with Cavendish. Just logged in and my account seems to have turned into a facsimile of a pre-school wallchart.

Complete waste of space on a desktop PC, but following the current trend of many other institutions who seem to think their customers are incapable of digesting more than a couple of words on a screen at once
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 10th Dec 17, 2:51 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 2,989 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    Complete waste of space on a desktop PC, but following the current trend of many other institutions who seem to think their customers are incapable of digesting more than a couple of words on a screen at once
    Originally posted by Deneb
    Possibly because their customers' devices are incapable of displaying more than a couple of words on a screen at once - at least if the customers need to interact with the display.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 10th Dec 17, 4:41 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    choochootrain
    I don't think the redesign is that bad. The transaction history is easier to see now it's all on one page, though I would prefer clickable page numbers instead of this auto-scrolling thing. The new account X-ray analysis page is ugly and you don't seem to be able to select a benchmark, but the downloadable PDF report is the same as it was on the previous website. The website seems a little unfinished but it's sufficient for my purposes and hopefully they will fix the niggles.
    • pem2
    • By pem2 10th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    pem2
    I also find it not too bad, but showing the 'Book cost' is rather confusing for me as many entries are not what I paid, either too much or too little which makes the 'Performance %' totally inaccurate. Also as it doesn't show date/time span when you bought once again 'Performance' to me is meaningless.
    • Deneb
    • By Deneb 10th Dec 17, 6:13 PM
    • 249 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    Deneb
    I was just letting off steam really, but I do get frustrated with websites all being designed only for smartphones and tablets now. It was fine when the site could detect whether I was using a phone or a desktop and present the site accordingly, but now they all seem to want to have a single design that has sunk to the lowest common denominator.

The National Trust is another example. They used to show a great deal of information about a particular NT site on a single page. Now each site is subject of several pages with numerous links to click through to find the same information and little of substance on most of them.

I can't really comment on the new Fidelity site to any extent as its failed to let me back in since my initial visit under the new look. I wasn't expecting to be migrated this weekend though, as the information on the Cavendish website says that where there are transactions in progress that haven't yet settled, the account will be monitored and migrated at a later date, but that's not been the case for me.
    • A_T
    • By A_T 10th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    A_T
    My SIPP has moved over to the new website now. But I still can't see my monthly plan: how much it is and what it's going into.

Also when my tax relief was paid it was invested straight into one of my holdings - I didn't request this and there is no way to control what happens to the cash when it clears.

It's a mess.
    • tonyod123
    • By tonyod123 12th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tonyod123
    website needs to be reverted...fast!
    I was shocked to discover just how rubbish the redesigned Fidelity website is when I logged in yesterday. I was even more shocked when I found comments on the internet from frustrated users dating back to September! Why are they continuing to rollout this very poorly designed and tested website in the face of massive criticism from customers?
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 13th Dec 17, 5:49 AM
    • 851 Posts
    • 1,749 Thanks
    Terry98
    I wasn't expecting much but I am pleasantly surprised how good it is.

All transactions in date order is much better especially if you have more than a couple of funds.

I also like the ability to transfer reports direct to a spreadsheet as well as a pdf.

The message and document system is still in the old format but I am sure that will be transferred in the near future.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 13th Dec 17, 10:46 AM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    I've voted with my feet and am in the process of transferring to another platform. Fidelity have refused to accept client criticism's and plough on regardless with their inane 'improvements'.

I had this 'new' system imposed way back in the summer and have had nothing but difficulty in navigating through their minefield, lack of analysis tools and generally poor layouts.

I now use Morningstar and other for analysis (for free). Why pay Fidelity their fee for nothing?

Rant over!!
    • Amoux
    • By Amoux 13th Dec 17, 12:58 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Amoux
    I'm not particularly keen on the new website design. I think it's more style over substance, with no way to check my investment performance like the old Fidelity overview. I gave my feedback listing the problems, but I don't expect it to be taking on board. I'll probably be moving to a cheaper provider beginning of next year.
    • Lomcevak
    • By Lomcevak 15th Dec 17, 7:35 AM
    • 666 Posts
    • 4,023 Thanks
    Lomcevak
    I've just been 'moved' to the new design for my SIPP account - overall I don't mind the design too much, but it seems to have lost information in the process (e.g. I can no longer find cleared vs. uncleared cash) and as others have pointed out, investing now seems painful

I used to be able to get a very useful spreadsheet export of transaction history (with a name of TransactionDetails.<long number>), but that seems to have vanished too and My Accounts -> Transaction History and Reports -> Transaction History now only gives a less detailed export of the previous 30 days called TransactionHistory.xls (in a different format, so I can no longer easily import it into my SIPP tracking spreadsheet ). Anyone know if you can get the old transaction history back?

Guess i'll hang on until Vanguard turn up with their SIPP, but I was happy with the old site so annoyed they've made the new one harder and less functional
    MFiT-T4#126, £135k to 60k: £45,030/£75,000(60.05%), 2017 MFW#11 £8,500/£10,000 (85.00%)
    £30k-in-’17#69 £35,097.24/£30,000 (116.99%)
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 15th Dec 17, 8:08 AM
    • 428 Posts
    • 412 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Just logged in, and although it lets me view OH's account holdings (and total across all), it doesn't included the transactions on both accounts on one report like it used to. Means having to log in separately to view his transactions, which is a bit of a pain. (unless I'm missing something!)
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Bravepants
    • By Bravepants 15th Dec 17, 8:10 AM
    • 286 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    Bravepants
    I had difficulty yesterday seeing the info page of one of my funds..technoical problems apparently. I have also messaged (at least twice) Fidelity about my income funds income payments not being transferred to my bank account and I have had no response. And I have some money in my cash part that I don't seem able to withdraw, it's only £12 but still!

I've just started transferring my ISA to Vanguard Investor; I have a core holding in VLS 60, I was going to transfer in the future anyway as I like the fact their ISA is flexible. The website seems much more friendly, and I think I might prefer their Vanguard's FTSE Global All Cap to Fidelities World fund anyway, as that's my second holding.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 15th Dec 17, 10:35 AM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    I have one fund left with Fidelity on my move to Vanguard. Vanguard have been very efficient in keeping me updated on progress and answer email enquiries promptly (not like the 2 days at Fidelity).

I too had my main holding in Vanguard anyway and just one Fidelity fund that I converted to a similar Vanguard.

Only started the transfer on Monday and its just about there now.
    • digannio
    • By digannio 16th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    digannio
    I've just recently been moved onto the new site with the rest of the Cavendish mob and have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer. On both my wife's and my ISA the transaction history only covers the past month whether I ask for 60 days, current tax year or whatever. Is that just temporary and the rest of transactions (ie all of them) will eventually appear as things move on? Or is that all you now get? Also as regards income management (requesting paid out or reinvested on each fund) it is different on the two accounts. On my wife's ISA we can change the instruction from reinvest to paid out but on mine I can't change it at all either way. Bit strange that the two accounts were swapped over to the new site at the same time but those functions are different at the moment. Is that something that will be sorted over time?
    Thought someone who had been through the swap some time ago might cast some light on these issues before I go down the dreaded secure message route.
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 16th Dec 17, 6:06 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    choochootrain
    I've just recently been moved onto the new site with the rest of the Cavendish mob and have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer. On both my wife's and my ISA the transaction history only covers the past month whether I ask for 60 days, current tax year or whatever. Is that just temporary and the rest of transactions (ie all of them) will eventually appear as things move on? Or is that all you now get?
    Originally posted by digannio
    It lists all of the transactions for the chosen time frame, but initially only shows the first 10. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to prompt the auto-loading of the next transactions. It's pretty annoying.
    • digannio
    • By digannio 16th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    digannio
    Ah... thanks for that. Got it to work now... it is a bit of a strange set-up rather than just having page 1,2,3 etc. Cheers again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

1,465Users online

Martin's Twitter