Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • satrdayboy
    • By satrdayboy 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 1Thanks
    satrdayboy
    New Fidelity website
    • 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    New Fidelity website 21st Sep 17 at 1:54 PM
    Has anyone logged onto Fidelity to find the site has ben updated, if I log onto my account its the old style. But if my wife logs in its a new style. Confusing as I would expect both to be the same.
Page 3
    • frankie
    • By frankie 30th Oct 17, 5:33 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    i agree this update is awful

have they removed some of the portfolio x-ray features? i can't see how to view the top 10 underlying holdings anymore as one example

it's so bad i'd genuinely consider moving because of this
    Originally posted by donglemouse

If you select account holdings report you will see sort of an x-ray, still not good though.

Still wondering what alternative platform to use.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 11th Nov 17, 11:22 AM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    Now the account holdings report won't export to PDF.

It gets worse.
    • Purple Rein
    • By Purple Rein 12th Nov 17, 2:08 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Purple Rein
    Any suggestions for alternative platforms?
    • Novice investor101
    • By Novice investor101 21st Nov 17, 9:35 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Novice investor101
    I access the site through my android phone. There doesn't appear to be a provision to analyse the portfolio anymore? Is this something that can only be done on a PC? Export to PDF will not work with the Chrome browser. So frustrating as I'm trying to aim for a geographical balance & I've no idea where I am currently!
    • Timmo74
    • By Timmo74 22nd Nov 17, 12:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Timmo74
    Very poor
    I have had a similar experience to other posters. My account is on the new style, but my wife's is old style. I much prefer the old view. The new style has much reduced functionality and is it really hard to analyse how your investments are performing.
    Very bad customer service Fidelity. I intend to contact them and advise I will be changing platforms unless something improves very soon!
    • frankie
    • By frankie 22nd Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    Post on their Facebook site, you'll join the long list of dissatisfied clients!
    • Novice investor101
    • By Novice investor101 27th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Novice investor101
    How on earth are you supposed to manage your monthly savings plan on this God awful site??? All I want to do is increase my Direct Debit and put the extra money into an additional fund to the ones I already hold. Not only does it appear impossible to add a new fund but if I try to increase my Direct Debit amount I'm then expected to do some bloody complicated maths to work out what percentage to put into which fund. Before it was simply a case of adding a fund from the Watchlist, changing the amount of the Direct Debit and then deciding how much (in actual £'s) I wanted to be directed to each fund. Simple and straight forward.
    This new shambles is actually making it impossible for me to invest! I'm giving them til after xmas and then i'll be off to a new platform. This is beyond frustrating. Utter shambles!
    • A_T
    • By A_T 28th Nov 17, 12:08 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    A_T
    I have a monthly investment in a Fidelity SIPP. However using the web portal there is no way to see how much this is or what it it going into -there is no record or acknowledgement that it even exists. I had to phone to confirm it and even then the assistant had to ask a senior colleague to confirm that yes I did have a monthly investment in place.
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 28th Nov 17, 12:12 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    choochootrain
    Cavendish don't seem to have migrated to the new site yet, but it sounds like I'm in for a treat!
    • frankie
    • By frankie 28th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    Cavendish don't seem to have migrated to the new site yet, but it sounds like I'm in for a treat!
    Originally posted by choochootrain

I was told by Cavendish that they will be migrating over to the new system November/December.

This was when I asked about transferring to them from Fidelity in order to avoid their dysfunctional web site (and it was a bit cheaper!).

It made me not to transfer there!
    • redux
    • By redux 28th Nov 17, 4:28 PM
    • 17,649 Posts
    • 22,683 Thanks
    redux
    I made an online query, with some questions about their SIPP account, on Saturday 10 days ago.

The site had said they usually reply within 2 days.

On Wednesday I had a reply that said they couldnt reply yet as they were still looking into it.
    • donglemouse
    • By donglemouse 30th Nov 17, 10:26 AM
    • 2,543 Posts
    • 2,445 Thanks
    donglemouse
    I have had a couple of chats about if the missing functionality e.g. top 10 underlying holdings that was in the old x-ray are coming back.

My key thrust is how the hell is the new website improved if they are now giving me less info on my investments!

The customer services guys are fairly transparent and their position is don't know if or when any changes will be made to the website following the hideous update.

I made a complaint re. all these sort of issues and they just closed it on the basis they don't know when or if they will be able to resolve the issues I listed.

Seems madness, someone has chosen to make all these changes and has no interest in even speaking to the end user or explaining themselves.

If anyone else e.g. Cavendish is going to return the old style platform I'd love to know as I'd move tomorrow
    • frankie
    • By frankie 30th Nov 17, 11:57 AM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    I have had a couple of chats about if the missing functionality e.g. top 10 underlying holdings that was in the old x-ray are coming back.
    Originally posted by donglemouse

There is an option that allows a sort of x-ray under I think its account report. From there export to PDF and a better amount of info is shown in addition to what's on the web page.

Ah its back on line the link is account holding report.

Can't confirm at the moment, guess what site is down for technical issues!!

It really is a terrible site.
    Last edited by frankie; 30-11-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: its back
    • MrStephenCannell
    • By MrStephenCannell 30th Nov 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MrStephenCannell
    The new website is absolutely awful compared to the proper "old" one.

What is very worrying also is the news that Fidelity are closing down their main Tonbridge (I think it is) office, and wonder just how strong their finances are. This coupled with the redundancies announced a few months ago. Makes you think.....
    • Asheagle
    • By Asheagle 1st Dec 17, 3:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Asheagle
    I am still on old website. The reason I have been given is that my account has non-GBP funds and also a SIPP and the new website cannot yet cope with SIPP or non-£ investments.

After reading this forum, I note that I am not the only one who is frustrated with Fidelity. Funds going missing from the account totals when you place a trade and unacceptably long delays in transacting deals after placement is something regulators should be looking into but it is a cosy world out there and regulators are toothless in these matters.

Their website's analytical functions were very basic and throw out some laughable analysis on performance when funds have been added or removed from a particular holding. So, a few years ago, I started downloading information on all my holdings onto Excel and have set up my own process for conducting analysis on performance over time. Fidelity's pdf and hard copy valuation statements including X-ray and Top underlying holdings were pretty useful.

Interesting to hear that things have gone backward with the new platform. While the old website has a lot of shortcoming, from what I read above I suppose am lucky not to have been moved to the new website.
    It is amazing how a big institution like Fidelity can make such a mess of this. No customer orientation and very naive. I am sure there will be lot of clients and assets leaving Fidelity because of this fiasco. Fidelity top management need to investigate this fiasco and heads need to roll over this.
    Last edited by Asheagle; 01-12-2017 at 3:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    • frankie
    • By frankie 1st Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    frankie
    It is amazing how a big institution like Fidelity can make such a mess of this. No customer orientation and very naive. I am sure there will be lot of clients and assets leaving Fidelity because of this fiasco. Fidelity top management need to investigate this fiasco and heads need to roll over this.
    Originally posted by Asheagle

May I suggest that you also place your comments on their facebook (and/or other social media) page.
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 1st Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    greenglide
    Of course Fidelity is a US company (like Vanguard and others) and presumably the US operation is much larger than the UK one.

I suspect that the US operation has changed to a new platform (designed in house?) and the UK operation has had no alternative but to follow. Once you are forced to use software that doesn't actually meet your requirements the result is a horrible mess.

Barclays went through a similar mess, didn't they.
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 5th Dec 17, 5:06 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    choochootrain
    The platform upgrade is coming for Cavendish customers this weekend.
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 5th Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 851 Posts
    • 1,749 Thanks
    Terry98
    The platform upgrade is coming for Cavendish customers this weekend.
    Originally posted by choochootrain
    After reading this thread I am not as positive as they are!

'We are pleased to inform you that FundsNetwork will be upgrading the platform for our clients.
    This will take place on Saturday December 9th and
    Sunday December 10th.

If you also hold a Pension account, FundsNetwork will be upgrading this at some point in 2018.

The following enhancements will be introduced to the platform:

- Improved cash management functionality

- Performance information

- Transaction reporting

- Investment Finder and Chart & Compare

- New dealing charge for Investment Trusts & Exchange Traded Funds. Changing from 0.10% to £10.00.'
    • topgearfan08
    • By topgearfan08 5th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    topgearfan08
    Quote: New dealing charge for Investment Trusts & Exchange Traded Funds. Changing from 0.10% to £10.00.'

So I have a Stocks and Shares ISA with them with several small holdings in

Baillie Gifford Pacific Fund B Acc
    City Financial Absolute Equity I Acc
    Henderson Europe Smaller Companies I Acc
    Old Mutual UK Smaller Companies U1 Acc
    Schroder UK Dynamic Smaller Compan Z Acc

Does that mean I am now going to get charged £10 every time I buy, or sell these funds?

Kind Regards

Phil
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter