Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • satrdayboy
    • By satrdayboy 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 1Thanks
    satrdayboy
    New Fidelity website
    • 21st Sep 17, 1:54 PM
    New Fidelity website 21st Sep 17 at 1:54 PM
    Has anyone logged onto Fidelity to find the site has ben updated, if I log onto my account its the old style. But if my wife logs in its a new style. Confusing as I would expect both to be the same.
Page 2
    • Purple Rein
    • By Purple Rein 8th Oct 17, 4:44 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Purple Rein
    My wife and myself have our own Stocks & Shares ISA accounts and have both experienced problems: limited information available, Account Summary not available.
    We have spoken with Fidelity who inform that there are teething problems and we have been asked to be patient.
    First impressions with the new layout are not favourable; there appears to be less detail and it is difficult to track performance of individual fund holdings.
    • Novice investor101
    • By Novice investor101 12th Oct 17, 10:08 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Novice investor101
    What is happening with the Fidelity app? It's been telling me for a couple of weeks that it's unavailable? I've updated it, deleted & downloaded it & still not working. I don't think I'm on the new site yet, but I've only ever logged on with my phone browser & not a laptop. It's very frustrating
    • frankie
    • By frankie 13th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 632 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    frankie
    I've been using this new website and it's absolutely chronic. I'm finding it hard to determine which are my best and worst performing funds. I have virtual portfolios with trustnet.com and iii.co.uk, and the level of analysis is so much better, as is the information on Hargreaves Landsown.

It's hard to imagine that anyone at Fidelity thought "yes, this is a great website and it provides all the information our customers need"
    Originally posted by AbbeyFraudMagnet

I have been on the new system for quite some time now so teething problems should not really exist! I was one of the 'fortunate' customers able to try it out - no option it was forced.

I agree there is a lack of information, I 'debated' the point with them on numerous occassions particularly rearding that there is no facility to see the daily perfomance changes on the summary page, I was told it had been a management decision not to show this! You can see it though by selecting export to PDF and the page will show the info.

I too now use trustnet and iii for tracking my portfolio.

I have told Fidelity in no uncertain terms that their new layouts are poor, but do not get a sensible response nor any willingness to accept changes are needed. After being forced to use the new site I am in the progress of moving my funds to other platforms. I am not yet sure how Cavendish is affected by the changes but at least its a little bit cheaper!
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 14th Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    choochootrain
    Can't log in to Cavendish until 6am Sunday as they roll out some 'important improvements', which presumably means the new website.
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 16th Oct 17, 10:40 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    DH and I just invested in an income fund each on the Fidelity platform (through Cavendish) and not only is the service really slow but the site layout is really poor and confusing.

The first month's dividend has obviously been generated, as I put the maximum £20k in the ISA and the total ISA is now a couple of hundred pounds up, plus the specific fund is showing an increase from last month, but I can find no reference to that actual dividend payment apart from 'paid out' (apparently by cheque on 13th but no alert, no email, no nothing). The actual amount of dividend, that crucial figure, is missing. How will Fidelity show me the difference between my original investment, dividend payouts and organic growth of the fund? It's just all lumped in together.

I'm trying to find a place where I can add my bank account details so I don't have to have a cheque issued every month for the dividend, but even that task seems a hopeless quest.

I'm going round in bloody circles trying to find what I need. I'm so frustrated. I have a SIPP with BestInvest and that is 10 times better than this for information and ability to change details.

There is a basic lack of understanding about what information investors want and how they use online accounts.
    Last edited by Cottage Economy; 16-10-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    The 'Save £12k in 2017' #129
    Personal target £4,000.
    £4169.36/£4,000 (104%)

"...success in personal finance isn't about mastering the technicalities. It is about mastering yourself." Ermine to Cottage Economy, 2012
    • choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 16th Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    choochootrain
    DH and I just invested in an income fund each on the Fidelity platform (through Cavendish) and not only is the service really slow but the site layout is really poor and confusing.

The first month's dividend has obviously been generated, as I put the maximum £20k in the ISA and the total ISA is now a couple of hundred pounds up, plus the specific fund is showing an increase from last month, but I can find no reference to that actual dividend payment apart from 'paid out' (apparently by cheque on 13th but no alert, no email, no nothing). The actual amount of dividend, that crucial figure, is missing. How will Fidelity show me the difference between my original investment, dividend payouts and organic growth of the fund? It's just all lumped in together.

I'm trying to find a place where I can add my bank account details so I don't have to have a cheque issued every month for the dividend, but even that task seems a hopeless quest.

I'm going round in bloody circles trying to find what I need. I'm so frustrated. I have a SIPP with BestInvest and that is 10 times better than this for information and ability to change details.
    Originally posted by Cottage Economy
    Presumably you are still on the 'old' Cavendish website, since the website hasn't yet changed for me. If your fund is an Inc share class, you can see dividends if you click 'Run reports' at the very bottom of the left hand menu. I'm not sure if there is a way to input your bank details on the website. If you contact Cavendish customer service, they're usually pretty quick to reply, and they will most likely send you a paper form to fill in.
    • ArchBair
    • By ArchBair 16th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    ArchBair

There is a basic lack of understanding about what information investors want and how they use online accounts.
    Originally posted by Cottage Economy
    Have you tried calling them to complain about these malfunctions?

I have and the person I spoke to said that the more people that complain (which is apparently all logged) then they will hopefully make appropriate amendments. Not sure if they will but lets hope or I will transfer.
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 16th Oct 17, 10:58 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    Have you tried calling them to complain about these malfunctions?

I have and the person I spoke to said that the more people that complain (which is apparently all logged) then they will hopefully make appropriate amendments. Not sure if they will but lets hope or I will transfer.
    Originally posted by ArchBair
    I'm going to have to but not today as my MIL, who lives with us, is expecting bad news about a sick sibling so I'm staying off the phone.
    Personal target £4,000.
    £4169.36/£4,000 (104%)

"...success in personal finance isn't about mastering the technicalities. It is about mastering yourself." Ermine to Cottage Economy, 2012
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 16th Oct 17, 11:00 AM
    • 817 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    Presumably you are still on the 'old' Cavendish website, since the website hasn't yet changed for me. If your fund is an Inc share class, you can see dividends if you click 'Run reports' at the very bottom of the left hand menu. I'm not sure if there is a way to input your bank details on the website. If you contact Cavendish customer service, they're usually pretty quick to reply, and they will most likely send you a paper form to fill in.
    Originally posted by choochootrain
    Thanks for the info - just had a look there and there are no records. I'm not sure what the old and new look like to be honest. Just made the assumption that Fidelity would start all new customers on the new platform while migrating the existing customers.
    Last edited by Cottage Economy; 16-10-2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Personal target £4,000.
    £4169.36/£4,000 (104%)

• JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 16th Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    • 2,602 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Similar to this forum then.

I log in on this account and it's the old green style. Everything easy to do etc.

When my log in details didn't work I had to create a new one. When I log in under that account it's a horrible blue setup with things not as easy to find as on the green layout.

• ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 16th Oct 17, 11:12 AM
    • 3,657 Posts
    • 4,400 Thanks
    ColdIron
    Go to your User CP (Control Panel), look for Forum Version Manager (bottom left) select Manage Version, select Old Version. You're welcome
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 16th Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    On the phone to Fidelity. I am on the old website. Also it cannot set up instructions to pay dividends to a bank account either on the phone or website, despite it saying so on the website. They have to place an income mandate form into my online documents, I retrieve it, fill it in with my bank details and post it off.

However, they have no record of any dividend being paid out, despite the amount of money in our accounts being higher than when it went in. We did not make the investment deadline to receive October's dividend. The increase is natural growth of the fund, however, there is nothing available to show me that, I just have to take it that what turns up by cheque (and later in my bank account) is the dividend, and the increase above my initial purchase is natural growth.

I need a coffee.
    Personal target £4,000.
    £4169.36/£4,000 (104%)

• choochootrain
    • By choochootrain 16th Oct 17, 12:31 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    choochootrain
    You will be able to see any future dividend payments using the 'Run reports' function I mentioned earlier. If you want to track the growth of your portfolio you can use the 'Portfolio analysis' function to run an X-Ray of your holdings, or use the free portfolio tools from Trustnet/Morningstar etc. Alternatively set up a spreadsheet to grab data from Yahoo or Google's finance sections.
    • Chickereeeee
    • By Chickereeeee 16th Oct 17, 1:16 PM
    • 423 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    Chickereeeee
    You also get a letter/download .PDF each month detailing any dividends received.

c
    • Cottage Economy
    • By Cottage Economy 16th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    Cottage Economy
    You will be able to see any future dividend payments using the 'Run reports' function I mentioned earlier. If you want to track the growth of your portfolio you can use the 'Portfolio analysis' function to run an X-Ray of your holdings, or use the free portfolio tools from Trustnet/Morningstar etc. Alternatively set up a spreadsheet to grab data from Yahoo or Google's finance sections.
    Originally posted by choochootrain
    You also get a letter/download .PDF each month detailing any dividends received.

c
    Originally posted by Chickereeeee
    I did think there must be something but the advisor couldn't direct me to anything. She didn't seem to know how to do it.
    Personal target £4,000.
    £4169.36/£4,000 (104%)

• frankie
    • By frankie 18th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 632 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    frankie
    Looked into transfering from Fidelity to Cavendish but was sad to find out all Cavendish clients will be transferred to the 'new' Fidelity website this Nove/Dec.

So need to find a different platform.
    • justaquickie
    • By justaquickie 21st Oct 17, 2:48 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    justaquickie
    For me - and it would appear, many others – Fidelity have misjudged this update spectacularly. The new site appears to be a triumph of style over content. Their previous website was far from perfect, but it provided information on my investments that I came to rely on: in particular, annualised performance rates and division of investments by account. My fund holdings sub-totals have now been aggregated into one, and without warning. Consider if your bank or building society did something similar with your current, saving and mortgage accounts – and just provided a single grand total figure without any breakdown? It’s thoughtless, inexcusable and unacceptable.
    For all but the simplest cases, providing just a %Performance figure for an invested fund is useless without some term of reference for the time the investment has been held.
    Previously, if you put in a little effort, a lot of useful information could be gleaned from the site, helping you to make and justify your investment decisions. I now have to do the best I can with Excel spreadsheets and guesswork. I’ve checked with Fidelity and they have confirmed I’m not ‘missing a trick’, and the removed functionality has been logged as enhancement requests. Of course, some compromise was inevitable in order to satisfy the growing mobile customer base, but wasting valuable screen estate with incidental information – for example, that a fund is in the current Select 50 – indicates priorities are wrong. Fidelity no longer appears interested in providing services for the serious investor: they are seemingly now all about headlines, but not details. They’ve over-trivialised investing.
    It’s hard to think of many positives about the new site, but I would say the handling of cash account and payments is, to me, more logical and intuitive than previously. But that’s it. In contrast there are lots of negatives. And so, regrettably – because I’ve otherwise found Fidelity pretty good to deal with – I have stopped payments and transfers in, and I will be moving platform. Pity.
    • frankie
    • By frankie 21st Oct 17, 5:54 PM
    • 632 Posts
    • 255 Thanks
    frankie
    I agree completely. I bet in due course they will be offering enhancements and those enhancements will attract a fee!

What other platform are you considering, I was going to go with Cavedish until I found out that the fidelity website will be foisted on their clients from November.
    • donglemouse
    • By donglemouse 30th Oct 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2,543 Posts
    • 2,445 Thanks
    donglemouse
    i agree this update is awful

have they removed some of the portfolio x-ray features? i can't see how to view the top 10 underlying holdings anymore as one example

it's so bad i'd genuinely consider moving because of this
    • A_T
    • By A_T 30th Oct 17, 2:26 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    A_T
    Fidelity currently have 2 systems running at the same time - using different web interfaces and different charging structures. I'm still on the old one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin