This Duo's debt free journey

Options

Comments

• timetobefrugal
    Options
    Sounds like you are getting on well with the revising, I agree that smaller chunks work better, I literally cannot sit there for 4/5 hours straight and not get distracted anyway!

Big hugs as I know how you feel in terms of being lonely, I feel it so much now my DD is getting older and tells me she wants more than anything in the world to have a little sister! I've decided if life hasn't naturally progressed by the time I'm 35 I'm looking in to adoption.

Anyway, these ups and downs are always going to happen but keep on going, it all comes together in the end :) x
    Debt Total October 2017 £20,511.27 :eek::eek:
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling low. I agree that no family is perfect, and what they choose to present won't be accurate. X
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had an awful day today, I feel like I am completely failing. How I didn't end up in tears at uni today I will never know. Trying to install some software on my laptop that I need to use for a few of my assignments and its just not working, went to the IT helpdesk at uni to be told that they have never seen the software and so cannot help me. My assignment has to be submitted on Friday.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry you're struggling today DFD. Is there any way you can ask your peers or lecturer about the software issue?
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Surely they should figure it out to help you though? X

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    edited 20 November 2017 at 12:11PM
    Options
    Apparently not Nicnak just sent me on my way. I emailed the lecturer that taught us the software asking him where I could find some help with it and received a rather condescending response.

We received a total of 4 hours (2 hour in 2 separate lectures and 2 hours in 2 separate labs which in turn equate to about 45 minutes by the time you are actually on), I had never in my life seen this software before and have no idea what I am doing with technology. I feel completely and utterly unsupported to the point where I actually want to walk away from the whole degree.

Its not using the software I am struggling with, its the installation and getting it to work.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Options
    Trying to look at positive things this evening to put me in the mood to tackle this problem on my own, who needs to rely on anyone when you have yourself right? I like to believe I can do anything that I put my mind to anyway!

So updated my signature, car loan isn't due out until tomorrow but CC came out today so updated both while I was there. Debt now stands at 5101.55! Looking back to just days before I started this diary I had £7500, that's almost a third of my debt gone in just a couple of months! Another third should be gone at the start of January.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Proud of you too!

I'm sorry your lecturer is being so unsupportive. Perhaps a strongly worded email back might help? X

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    edited 17 November 2017 at 5:21PM
    Options
    Aw thank you Nicnak, at least I'm not failing in one area. I did consider a strongly worded email back but I just don't think it would help things. I missed the first week of the software because it was half term but attended the second which didn't really help much. He is by far the strictest lecturer I have come across and probably wouldn't react well. I just hate how they treat everyone like school leavers, one lecturer is constantly mentioning A levels and how we have all come from that route when it just isn't true.
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow, he sounds like a charmer! Power trip much?? But you're right, you can figure this out ;)
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport