Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oksunnyman
    • By oksunnyman 20th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 5Thanks
    oksunnyman
    Please help! Got Lidl ticket after holiday
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:27 AM
    Please help! Got Lidl ticket after holiday 20th Sep 17 at 10:27 AM
    Hi guys, just back from holiday to find a Athena ticket from my local Lidl a month ago for 16 mins overstay. Searched the forum, still a bit confused, what best to do in this case? Shall I appeal or too late to?

Many thanks in advance.
    Ben
Page 2
    • oksunnyman
    • By oksunnyman 22nd Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    oksunnyman
    Email sent, will update when they come back.
    • oksunnyman
    • By oksunnyman 26th Sep 17, 9:28 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    oksunnyman
    Got reply from Athena to my late appeal, how should I reply or just ignore them?

Dear , Thank you for your email in regards to the above parking charge. We are contracted by the owner of the land to manage the site at which the parking event occurred and the charge was accrued. You had 21 days to appeal the charge or 28 days to provide us with the details of the driver of the vehicle in question. As we have not receive either of the above as the registered keeper of the vehicle you remain liable for this charge under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act. However on this occasion we are happy to accept the reduced charge of £45.00 as full and final settlement, as a gesture of goodwill. Unfortunately our automated services will only accept the higher rate at this stage. You may want to use our other methods of payment. You can either send a cheque or postal order to Athena ANPR Ltd, Po Box 4758, Ascot, SL5 5DJ. Please note cheques should be made payable to Athena ANPR Ltd. Alternatively you may make payment over the phone with one of our advisors on 03302231444. Please do feel free to contact us with any other questions/queries you may have. Kind Regards Customer Service Team For and on behalf of Athena ANPR LTD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Sep 17, 9:41 AM
    • 14,889 Posts
    • 23,351 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What did you do in regard to the advice given in posts #18, 19, 20?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • oksunnyman
    • By oksunnyman 26th Sep 17, 10:43 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    oksunnyman
    I copied #18 and my car registration detail and sent to Lidl. Still waiting for their reply.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 14,889 Posts
    • 23,351 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Did you ask them for a copy of the appeal they were going to make on your behalf?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Sep 17, 12:45 PM
    • 50,584 Posts
    • 63,974 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I copied #18 and my car registration detail and sent to Lidl. Still waiting for their reply.
    Originally posted by oksunnyman
    So ignore Athena but chase up Lidl and complain assertively that Athena are still demanding money.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• oksunnyman
    • By oksunnyman 2nd Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    oksunnyman
    Hi Guys, got it cancelled, thank you all!!

Dear

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for your most recent contact.
    I apologise for the misunderstanding with our previous response.
    I can advise that this charge was cancelled for you dated 26th September 2017. I hope this helps to resolve this matter.
    Your comments regarding the parking system have been registered internally.
    Thank you again for your contact.
    Yours sincerely,
    For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Laura Johnston
    Customer Service Management

[T] + 44 (0) 370 444 1234 / 0800 977 7766
    [E] customer.services@lidl.co.uk

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
    For more information visit our website www.lidl.co.uk

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,226Posts Today

9,298Users online

Martin's Twitter