Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Peter James Foster
    • By Peter James Foster 20th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Peter James Foster
    UKCPS "court recovery action" threat
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    UKCPS "court recovery action" threat 20th Sep 17 at 10:22 AM
    Hi Guys,

So I was issued a ticket on 12th June from UKCPS.

After advice I had ignored their letters but have now received a letter which say if I don’t respond within 14 days they will “commence legal action”.

The letter also starts off with "Letter before court claim"

Now is this still a threat or should I bite the bullet and pay the fine?

Thank you all
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 50,606 Posts
    • 64,000 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    None of that is going to be found in a thread (and it's nitty gritty that doesn't mean much - e.g. they never reduce the charge).

HI all,

So i sent the letter denying any dept owned and requested they send me any evidence.

I received a letter back but it has not referenced my original letter or provided any evidence as i requested.

The amount they say i owe them has gone down from £150 to £100 for some reason and they've given me another 14 days to reply.
    Originally posted by froster2017
    As you got a LBCCC first, and we are now past 1st October, adapt the response in Daniel san's thread (no link); it's right here on page one or two, today with the response to a LBCCC being discussed in depth, with assistance from LOC123 who is a solicitor.

Stop looking for over-specific things and concentrate more on the next response going out robustly, to hopefully stop UKCPS proceeding because there are so many hoops they must now jump through.

A poster who has just adapted Daniel san's draft letter to suit their case, is fineanddan, and their thread is also on page one right now. Do what they did!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 02-10-2017 at 2:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 4th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    When UKCPS sent me a LBCC, it wasn't even that, they just gave a generic reply to my letter and then gave the debt to DRP who have now started their letter chain with me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 50,606 Posts
    • 64,000 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would still send a more robust letter now to UKCPS telling them to cease and desist with the harassment from debt collectors and comply with the new Protocol if they think they have a cause of action in the court. And ask them for all photos taken and a picture of the sign and proof it was on site on the day (basically a list of things covered by the new Protocol).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-10-2017 at 2:00 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,413Posts Today

7,765Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin