Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Peter James Foster
    • By Peter James Foster 20th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Peter James Foster
    UKCPS "court recovery action" threat
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    UKCPS "court recovery action" threat 20th Sep 17 at 10:22 AM
    Hi Guys,

So I was issued a ticket on 12th June from UKCPS.

After advice I had ignored their letters but have now received a letter which say if I don’t respond within 14 days they will “commence legal action”.

The letter also starts off with "Letter before court claim"

Now is this still a threat or should I bite the bullet and pay the fine?

Thank you all
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 51,888 Posts
    • 65,540 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    None of that is going to be found in a thread (and it's nitty gritty that doesn't mean much - e.g. they never reduce the charge).

HI all,

So i sent the letter denying any dept owned and requested they send me any evidence.

I received a letter back but it has not referenced my original letter or provided any evidence as i requested.

The amount they say i owe them has gone down from £150 to £100 for some reason and they've given me another 14 days to reply.
    Originally posted by froster2017
    As you got a LBCCC first, and we are now past 1st October, adapt the response in Daniel san's thread (no link); it's right here on page one or two, today with the response to a LBCCC being discussed in depth, with assistance from LOC123 who is a solicitor.

Stop looking for over-specific things and concentrate more on the next response going out robustly, to hopefully stop UKCPS proceeding because there are so many hoops they must now jump through.

A poster who has just adapted Daniel san's draft letter to suit their case, is fineanddan, and their thread is also on page one right now. Do what they did!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 02-10-2017 at 2:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ckershaw
    • By ckershaw 4th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ckershaw
    When UKCPS sent me a LBCC, it wasn't even that, they just gave a generic reply to my letter and then gave the debt to DRP who have now started their letter chain with me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 51,888 Posts
    • 65,540 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would still send a more robust letter now to UKCPS telling them to cease and desist with the harassment from debt collectors and comply with the new Protocol if they think they have a cause of action in the court. And ask them for all photos taken and a picture of the sign and proof it was on site on the day (basically a list of things covered by the new Protocol).
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-10-2017 at 2:00 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• froster2017
    • By froster2017 23rd Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    Hi guys,

It seems they have now sent me a letter. I'm trying to attach what it says but i don't know how? It's asking for a URL when adding a picture.

Thanks,
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Oct 17, 1:56 PM
    • 15,968 Posts
    • 24,780 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi guys,

It seems they have now sent me a letter. I'm trying to attach what it says but i don't know how? It's asking for a URL when adding a picture.

Thanks,
    Host it on Dropbox then copy and insert the URL here, but change http to hxxp and a regular will do the conversion. Newbies can’t post live links until they have a few posts under their belt.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 23-10-2017 at 1:59 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • froster2017
    • By froster2017 23rd Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    See letter below thanks

UKCPS
    CAR PARKING SOLUTIONS

LATE

Thursday, 19 October 2017
    Dear Mr x,

Thank you for your appeal regarding the above parking notice charge.

Unfortunately we are unable to consider your appeal. As stated on the parking charge notice all appeals, from the Driver, must be received within the stipulated time of issue. After receiving the Notice To Keeper the Registered Keeper may appeal if they have not already appealed as the Driver. As your appeal was presented significantly late the appeals procedure has now closed and the parking charge will stand. The Independent Appeals Service xx provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. The Independent Appeals Service xxx provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. However, as you have not complied with our internal appeals procedure we will not engage with the IAS, Your Parking Charge was issued under the IPC code of practice UKCPS can only address the factual issues of where and how you parked. We will not enter into discussions about the legality of parking on private land or of the landowners right to impose parking conditions on their property. We will only answer points relevant to the specific parking event all other points you may have made are irrelevant to the appeal. UKCPS Ltd provide national car parking solutions. Our ICO registration number is Z968298X and we have electronic access to the DVLA database of Registered Keepers. We are accredited AOS operators with our ATA (Approved Trade Association).

Regards,

UKCPS Appeals Department JC
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Oct 17, 12:46 AM
    • 51,888 Posts
    • 65,540 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Send a complaint to the DVLA and IPC, that this operator is not considering appeals from keepers.

• froster2017
    • By froster2017 24th Oct 17, 9:03 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    No worries, i will do. Do i need to rely to them or just leave it for now? thanks
    • froster2017
    • By froster2017 24th Oct 17, 9:31 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    also, are there any complaint letter templates to the IPC or DLA?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, there arent. Its not difficult, one or two lines. Show it here first.

Don't respond back to the operator yet. Just leave them be - frankly no appeal was going to be accepted by them anyway, and the IAS is a joke which you weere never going to appeal to .
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Oct 17, 10:06 AM
    • 7,432 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    The Deep
    Coupon-mad - thanks for getting back to me so fast. I have gone though pages of threads on here but i can't find anything on if they don't reference my letter or reduce the charge.

Not sure I understand. The point is, they are saying they will take you to court for breach of contract. They have to show the judge that a contract existed, you breached it, and the damages they want are not excessive. To do this they have to jump through a myriad of hoops, and you must ensure that they do.

You will have to do most of the work yourself, and it will require a lot of reading, with some legal concepts to grasp, if you are not prepared to put in the hours, you may end up paying them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • froster2017
    • By froster2017 24th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    Dear sir/madam,

I’m writing to you regarding a parking charge I’ve been sent from UKCPS for an apparent offence in Hull on 12th June 2017.

I have written to UKCPS requesting they send me details of the alleged offence as they have threated court action on several occasions. I wrote to them requesting proof of the alleged offence. They have since written back to me informing me that my chance for any appeal has been rejected and they will not even enter into any discussion with me. I’ve seen no evidence from UKCPS so wanted to understand why they keep sending me letters asking for payment of £150.

I’d like to bring UKCPS to your attention as I feel they are not working with me to resolve the situation.

Regards,
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Thats not amazing, as you dont clearly set out your cause of complaint.
    You have a complaint, t least make that easy to find. they dont have to "work with you", they DO have to follow codes of practice, KADOE rules etc....
    • froster2017
    • By froster2017 24th Oct 17, 1:29 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    I'm looking into KADOE rules so i can refer to them in the letter. I can't see anything about considering appeals from keepers?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    The ADR regs from 2015 requires them to allow apppeals for up to one year, as an alternative to court.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 51,888 Posts
    • 65,540 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    They have to consider an appeal from the registered keeper. They haven't.

Not difficult to write a complaint about that.

• froster2017
    • By froster2017 25th Oct 17, 10:20 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    Hi guys, thanks for all your help. I've written the below. Do i need to ask for a reply from them or anything like that?

Dear sir/madam,

I wish to make a complaint about the company UKCPS who I believe have breached the KADOE code of practise.

I was in receipt of a parking charge allegedly committed on 13th June 2017. I had written to UKCPS in order to resolve the issue but have received a letter informing me that my chance for any appeal has passed and they will not enter into any more discussions.

As per the ADR regulation, I should be able to appeal for up to 12 months from the date of the alleged offence.

Regards,
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 25th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    KADOE is a contract
    BPA and IPC havea Code of Practice.
    • froster2017
    • By froster2017 26th Oct 17, 11:38 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    froster2017
    Do i attach a copy of the letter from UKCPS when i send to DVLA/IPC? Thanks,
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Oct 17, 11:39 AM
    • 15,968 Posts
    • 24,780 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Do i attach a copy of the letter from UKCPS when i send to DVLA/IPC? Thanks,
    Why wouldn’t you?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,844Posts Today

7,967Users online

Martin's Twitter