Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 19th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    • 2,063Posts
    • 8,497Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Questions for dog walkers
    • 19th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    Questions for dog walkers 19th Sep 17 at 8:38 PM
    What time of day is your last walk of the day with your dog and how far do you go?

I usually go out about 8pm and we walk roughly 2 miles, more if he hasn't pooped yet.

Other dog walkers that I have spoken to go out at about the same time but don't walk as far as I do so it just got me wondering.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
Page 2
    • harrys nan
    • By harrys nan 27th Sep 17, 5:56 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 2,925 Thanks
    harrys nan
    mine goes out for about an hour or so in the morning about 7.30 to 8, either across fields where I live or through the local woods, off lead for 99% of it so he goes where ever he wants, ( still in sight of me within reason).
    The afternoon walk is for about 30 minutes, again around the fields and off the lead.This about 4pm. He has a lot of play as we know 90% of the other dogs we meet
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 27th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 8,497 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Now that it is fully dark here at 8pm, it's difficult finding different routes that have any kind of lighting, I like to see where my feet are but some of the paths have no lights at all. I already need to take a torch with me just in case he picks a dark spot to poo in
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
    • chucknorris
    • By chucknorris 30th Sep 17, 5:00 AM
    • 9,219 Posts
    • 13,836 Thanks
    chucknorris
    The following is always off lead. In the summer I usually take my Lab out for a hike (5 to 8 miles) mid morning, and then a gentler walk in the afternoon with my wife for about 40 mins to an hour. We don't tend to take him out in the evening, but he does have the run of a very large garden. In the winter, it can vary, he sometimes gets similar to teh Summer, but less if the weather is bad (rain, not cold, I sweat when hiking even in January) , but he will always get at least a 3 mile brisk walk or jog with me.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
    The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
    Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
    After running injuries I now also hike, cycle and swim, less impact on my joints.

For the avoidance of doubt Chuck Norris is an actor and an ex martial artist (not me)
    • catkins
    • By catkins 2nd Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 5,430 Posts
    • 11,481 Thanks
    catkins
    We don't have any kind of routine at all so it varies enormously.

If it's hot my dogs get walked about 6am for at least an hour and then probably 11pm for about an hour. Me and DH will not walk them during the day as it is unfair. They hate the heat and the pavements can burn their pads.

On cooler days they can be walked any time between 6am and 10am for around an hour and a half to two hours. The last walk can be as early as 5pm to as late as 10pm usually for about an hour.

In cool weather they usually get a lunchtime/early afternoon walk too
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin