Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 19th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 10Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    Worried - Appointment with Mortgage Advisor this weekend
    • 19th Sep 17, 7:19 PM
    Worried - Appointment with Mortgage Advisor this weekend 19th Sep 17 at 7:19 PM
    Hi all

We have an appointment with the Mortgage advisor this weekend which is when they will submit our application to Halifax for a mortgage...and I'm very worried

Us going for a Mortgage was a spur of the moment decision as we were going to wait till next year. The new houses up our way have just started being built so we went in just to ask how much to reserve we needed, next thing we were in again later placing the £99 reservation fee for a Persimmons home.

Now I've had no time to get my account running extremely well before applying and I'm now getting very anxious every day! I have a £5k overdraft but have never been above £1000 (June -600, July -800 and August -600) , and it's only, at the most been for 6-8 days then my wages go in and it's in credit again. I end up having a planned charge of about £6-£8 pound every month, although this time we have kept the account above and at present (after calling BOS) I'm only going to be charged £1 in October. The account will never go into the OD again after this.

I'm very worried that if the underwriter sees the account going into a planned overdraft they will immediately decline this. I also have one default which was satisfied and falls off next October, this was why we were waiting till next year.

When I spoke to BOS on the phone the lady said she used to work for Mortgages and she didn't think it would be an issue and the account usage wasn't bad, as long as you explain that you've changed your spending habits and as you can see for September it's been above £1500 still. Would the underwriters take the change of budgeting that fast into consideration or would they think, they have just started budgeting for a mortgage and could go back to their old ways?

We both don't have any loans, the only CC I have is sitting at £5k which gets paid £500 a month off, so end of September it will be £4500. We also pay rent at £500 a month and have done for the past 4 years, we so want to get out of this renting rut and I just feel Saturday (or during the 2 weeks wait) will be a let down.

See this is me down to a tea, over thinking things and really worried

Any help or advise would be great
Page 3
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 2nd Oct 17, 5:38 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    Hey all

Just had the call and we’ve just had the offer from Halifax, massive sigh of relief

The offer ends June 2018 and the builders move in date is planned for the 15th Feb

To say we are happy is an understatement
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

290Posts Today

2,033Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin