Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dollydiva
    • By dollydiva 18th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 292Posts
    • 99Thanks
    dollydiva
    Pet Insurance- 4 Months No Payout
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    Pet Insurance- 4 Months No Payout 18th Sep 17 at 5:17 PM
    Back in May, our cat was hospitalised for life saving treatment. Thankfully, he lived and our vet bill was £1068 which we paid.

We have a Lifetime policy for him with pet-insurance which are Equine and Livestock. We submitted our Claim late May, but it took E&L 3 weeks to acknowledge this, despite a 7 day timeline given on the Policy.

After waiting over 2 months, we began to enquire, but were told that they had a backlog of Claims and that it would take another month. We again enquired after a month and were told that it had been passed for payment processing. But after waiting a further 3 weeks, still no payment had been made.

We rang again this morning to be told that they had a backlog, it had been passed, etc, it would take a month - in fact, everything we'd been told before. The advisor sounded like she was well rehearsed in this information.

So where do we stand I wonder if a further month passes and we still receive no payment? Any advice appreciated!
Page 1
    • stator
    • By stator 18th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 6,031 Posts
    • 3,973 Thanks
    stator
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 18th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    Make an official complaint. If they fail to response to this or give a satisfactory result you can complain to the ombudsmen I believe
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • Blibble
    • By Blibble 18th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    Blibble
    • 18th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 18th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    A well-worded email or recorded delivery letter of complaint should suffice.

If no response or no satisfactory resolution within 40 working days then you can escalate to FoS free of charge.

It sounds like the insurer may just be extremely backlogged on this one; hopefully logging a formal complaint will get the claim prioritised for you & that'll be the end of it.
    • soosiemm
    • By soosiemm 8th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    soosiemm
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    I had to wait 2 months
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    FYI - I had to keep chasing but got paid after 2 months. It was a straight forward one-off claim. They are part of Equine & Livestock which comes 12th out of 13 pet insurers in the Which? ratings. All their policies are pretty low scoring and customers didn't award them more than 2 stars in any category. I shall avoid in future.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 8th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 4,275 Posts
    • 3,235 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    FYI - I had to keep chasing but got paid after 2 months. It was a straight forward one-off claim. They are part of Equine & Livestock which comes 12th out of 13 pet insurers in the Which? ratings. All their policies are pretty low scoring and customers didn't award them more than 2 stars in any category. I shall avoid in future.
    Originally posted by soosiemm
    E &L have a reputation of not or delaying paying out.

When considering providers check the underwriters as they are often underwriters to policies with another name.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 26,619 Posts
    • 10,691 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:34 PM
    They also have a reputation on this forum for getting posts removed.

Had several go missing with no warning about them, they just vanish.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

1,570Users online

Martin's Twitter