Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 18th Sep 17, 10:56 AM
    • 8,615Posts
    • 20,859Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    We are SO proud of you...
    • 18th Sep 17, 10:56 AM
    We are SO proud of you... 18th Sep 17 at 10:56 AM
    Guys, you're famous. Broadly (Vice) has written an article on you.

Some quotes we just have to highlight... as if we didn't love you all already, we are so, so proud of you as a community and your team spirit...

Members of the Competitions Time forum are some of the cheeriest people you'll meet online.
    And in a world where trolls and Pepe memes have ruined almost every online space, it might be one of the few positive and friendly corners of the internet left.
    Competitions Time feels like stepping back in time to the early halcyon days of the World Wide Web, when all you had to worry about were internet stalkers and the dial-up modem cutting out if your friend called you at home after school. A place on the internet where people are actually nice, and you can also win money or a ski holiday? I could get behind this.
    Every person I spoke to commented on the unusual friendliness of the board, which seems hugely counterintuitive given that every comper is engaged in the furious pursuit of competition winnings. It's even weirder when you consider that the lifeblood of the community depends on individual members posting links to contests for other people to enter.
    Read the full article:

There's an Entire Internet Subculture Devoted to Winning Online Competitions

Thank you, our lovely Comping board members, you're all stars! I've deliberately posted this in here to reach as many compers as possible so you all know how fab we think you are

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 2
    • rugmaker
    • By rugmaker 19th Sep 17, 10:14 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 19,820 Thanks
    rugmaker
    Thanks for replying Andrea. Afraid I'm not convinced about the security threat as I don't know of any other site that seems to have this issue.

On the stickies point, the take a break and puzzler threads go to game over almost weekly, I think because of the expired button on every post on the new forum layout. Adding 2 more stickies would save a huge amount of effort for both compers and board guides without, I think, rendering the forum unreadable! The debt free wannabe board has 6 stickies - struggling to see why different rules apply there, as an example. It would also be good to be able to add the advent thread as a sticky when it starts. All of these threads regularly include new content so would still meet your objective.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 19th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    • 9,624 Posts
    • 12,136 Thanks
    hazyjo
    I'd love to be able to 'hide' the posts I've put red crosses next to.

Gawd, I know this isn't the right place, and one person's started it and I'm following and someone else is probably going to follow that, but seeing as you're here and listening, I'm just gonna throw it out there!

Thanks
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies; cowhide rug; Windsor luxury break, foundation; Flybe flight
    • MimiJane
    • By MimiJane 19th Sep 17, 12:11 PM
    • 7,381 Posts
    • 44,927 Thanks
    MimiJane
    Reflects my thoughts entirely Lovely, helpful and polite people frequent the comps. board
    Wins 2017 = £425

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS. - xx
    • smitchy73
    • By smitchy73 19th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 3,032 Thanks
    smitchy73
    I'm queuing up to give my 'thanks'. I'm coming up on 10 years on this site(MSE) I wish I had started comping then too.
    Thank you all.
    2015/16 - £200 High Street Vouchers/Vodafone Prize pack+Beats Headphones(£600)
    Thanks to all the comp posters.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 19th Sep 17, 1:25 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    I'm queuing up to give my 'thanks'. I'm coming up on 10 years on this site(MSE) I wish I had started comping then too.
    Thank you all.
    Originally posted by smitchy73
    Looking forward to seeing you get the 10 year forum badge!

Which other boards do you read? I'm dying to hand out an Intrepid Explorer badge!

MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 19th Sep 17, 1:26 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    I'd love to be able to 'hide' the posts I've put red crosses next to.

Gawd, I know this isn't the right place, and one person's started it and I'm following and someone else is probably going to follow that, but seeing as you're here and listening, I'm just gonna throw it out there!

Thanks
    Originally posted by hazyjo
    No worries at all! We're looking into a forum replatform next year so it's all useful feedback for when we do.

Join the MSE Forum
    • raspberryfluff
    • By raspberryfluff 19th Sep 17, 2:16 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 3,404 Thanks
    raspberryfluff
    Wow well done Compers! I absolutely love this forum - so much easier and nicer to chat with others than just searching for comps on Google!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    • oaktree500
    • By oaktree500 19th Sep 17, 2:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    oaktree500
    Welcome to the forum and comps board oaktree500.

Please don't be a stranger. Join in the chat too. How long have you been comping on here?
    Originally posted by MSE Andrea
    Only a few weeks, found this whilst viewing articles on the MSE website, and didn't even know a comping community exists haha. I guess you could say it runs in the family as my nan used to do this, albeit back in the day via post, prior to the internet.

Will join in when I can, and am hoping to do a win of something soon
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 19th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 19,091 Posts
    • 86,408 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    Been comping since 2011 and have Competition Time is like my second home. Everyone is so friendly! x
    September wins: £50 Sizzling Pubs voucher, Fiskars Tag Maker, Carnage mug, Googly Fruits hamper, Spiderman Minion and Wallet, £50
    Win £2017 in 2017: £1404.79/£2017
    50 Challenges: 37/50
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 19th Sep 17, 2:36 PM
    • 1,638 Posts
    • 1,545 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    I'm dying to hand out an Intrepid Explorer badge!
    Can I have one? I like badges

I think it's lovely to see a 'friendliness' award going to anywhere on MSE. Maybe other boards will follow suit!
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 19th Sep 17, 5:24 PM
    • 11,297 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Guys, you're famous. Broadly (Vice) has written an article on you.

Some quotes we just have to highlight... as if we didn't love you all already, we are so, so proud of you as a community and your team spirit...

Read the full article:

There's an Entire Internet Subculture Devoted to Winning Online Competitions

Thank you, our lovely Comping board members, you're all stars! I've deliberately posted this in here to reach as many compers as possible so you all know how fab we think you are
    Pepe memes ruining the internet?

Have these people even been to tumblr?
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • I-Owe-You
    • By I-Owe-You 20th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 5,159 Thanks
    I-Owe-You
    Been a member for years. Love the camaraderie and have genuinely laughed out loud at posts on this forum but the one thing that always warms my heart is how unselfish people are by sharing competitions they find.

I'd never have the time (or intelligence!) to complete a mag crossword and the fact people do so then share their answers - in turn lessening their own chance to win - is so incredibly kind.

I also feel congratulations on wins is genuine too.

Nice one MSE Compers, you're a lovely bunch and it's a pleasure to engage with you all! X
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 20th Sep 17, 1:44 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Only a few weeks, found this whilst viewing articles on the MSE website, and didn't even know a comping community exists haha. I guess you could say it runs in the family as my nan used to do this, albeit back in the day via post, prior to the internet.

Will join in when I can, and am hoping to do a win of something soon
    Originally posted by oaktree500
    Make sure you celebrate it on the I Won! board

Join the MSE Forum
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 20th Sep 17, 1:46 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Can I have one? I like badges

I think it's lovely to see a 'friendliness' award going to anywhere on MSE. Maybe other boards will follow suit!
    Originally posted by ripplyuk
    Intrepid Explorer is for when you've posted on 25 different forum boards. Let me know if you have and we'll get it sorted.

Obviously they need to be genuine comments to win

Join the MSE Forum
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 20th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    • 34,817 Posts
    • 225,394 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Welcome to the forum and comps board oaktree500.

Please don't be a stranger. Join in the chat too. How long have you been comping on here?

Better yet post in the Chat section and not the main competition one.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 8th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 8,596 Posts
    • 53,038 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    Thank you

..... but I'm sure we'll all remember the one that didn't fit the mold !
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Yvonne Taylor
    • By Yvonne Taylor 8th Oct 17, 6:28 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Yvonne Taylor
    I am pretty new to this forum, after a long break away from comps. The friendliness of compers is well known...
    • Sophie56
    • By Sophie56 8th Oct 17, 6:47 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 11,105 Thanks
    Sophie56
    Very well deserved - it is a well run site and is pretty much the only forum I will venture on. Almost without exception people are polite, helpful and jolly decent! Thanks to everyone who posts and all board members we do appreciate all you do.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 10th Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Very well deserved - it is a well run site and is pretty much the only forum I will venture on. Almost without exception people are polite, helpful and jolly decent! Thanks to everyone who posts and all board members we do appreciate all you do.
    Originally posted by Sophie56
    Hear hear!

Join the MSE Forum
    • fuzz
    • By fuzz 10th Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 1,889 Thanks
    fuzz
    all of it is true....compers are the best
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,402Users online

Martin's Twitter