Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 9th Oct 07, 12:07 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion
    • 9th Oct 07, 12:07 PM
    Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion 9th Oct 07 at 12:07 PM
    This thread is to specifically discuss the new
    CREDIT CARD RECLAIMING article.

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

To report your credit card success: use this thread

To discuss original bank charges reclaiming: use this thread
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 3:01 PM.
Page 155
  • jamboray
    Hello everyone, I have today posted off my PPI claim form to the COOP and Capital One Credit cards, wish me luck?
  • icecream123
    Hello

i am hoping someone can help me, I have two accounts with Barclaycard, do i only pay one 10 charge or will it be 20 to get my account information regarding charges i have received?

thanks
    • Alpine Star
    • By Alpine Star 16th Jul 15, 5:33 AM
    • 1,241 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    Alpine Star
    If you mean a subject access request it would apply to all and any accounts, so just one 10.
    • taramo
    • By taramo 8th Mar 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    taramo
    How do i find out when i opened an account for a store card
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 8th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 676 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    Ask the card provider?
    • xxdiddiexx
    • By xxdiddiexx 13th Mar 17, 12:55 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    xxdiddiexx
    Can folk still claim?
    Not much activity on this thread since 2015. Is there another somewhere?

Is it still ok to reclaim late payment fees and over limit charges from Credit Card Companies and have there been any changes to the templates?

Thank You
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 13th Mar 17, 5:12 PM
    • 4,181 Posts
    • 2,317 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Not much activity on this thread since 2015. Is there another somewhere?

Is it still ok to reclaim late payment fees and over limit charges from Credit Card Companies and have there been any changes to the templates?

Thank You
    Originally posted by xxdiddiexx
    Generally speaking the banks will reject claims for historical charges because of the supreme court ruling in 2009 (while this was for bank charges it has set a precedent which has not been challenged in court). You can certainly ask but I wouldn't get my hopes up they will refund anything if you aren't in current financial hardship
    • brown1950
    • By brown1950 13th Mar 17, 6:05 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    brown1950
    Their is no precedent set in relation to credit card charges. This is the reason why the likes of Barclaycard do not go to Court and usually settle out of court. One example :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448783-HP-Mum-v-BC-reclaiming-penalties-and-Compound-Int-t-**WON**-
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

917Posts Today

5,992Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin