Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Peelerfart
    • By Peelerfart 17th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 1,814Posts
    • 1,585Thanks
    Peelerfart
    Advice, comments please,newbie
    • 17th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    Advice, comments please,newbie 17th Sep 17 at 8:57 PM
    Having recently retired/ made redundant, I have paid all debts off including mortgage, my pension is due to start and overall, with my wife still working until she joins me in 4 or 5 years, we are comfortable.
    I am in the position for the first time in my life to consider investing. I have a rainy day fund in an isa, a medium term in a one year fix with atom, and am now looking for an investment of between £40k and £50k.
    My main purpose would be a blend of income,circa £150 per month and anything above that, reinvested. Is this atainable,achievable within the amount of capital invested?
    My aversion to risk is low, and I do intend to consult an ifa before committing.

Any suggestions., comments?

Cheers

PF
    Space available for rent
Page 2
    • Startup1985
    • By Startup1985 12th Oct 17, 8:29 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Startup1985
    Have you considered putting a small amount into P2P lending? 3-10% is easily achievable on a variety of platforms.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 12th Oct 17, 8:45 AM
    • 10,324 Posts
    • 6,620 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Have you considered putting a small amount into P2P lending? 3-10% is easily achievable on a variety of platforms.
    Originally posted by Startup1985
    I want at least double figures to mitigate the risk on my p2p lending.
    • Startup1985
    • By Startup1985 12th Oct 17, 9:24 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Startup1985
    Yes, same for me, personally I am fully invested in 10-12% platforms. However I know that these sort of rates come with higher risks and require a little due diligence that not everyone wants to undertake.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 12th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    • 10,324 Posts
    • 6,620 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Yes, same for me, personally I am fully invested in 10-12% platforms. However I know that these sort of rates come with higher risks and require a little due diligence that not everyone wants to undertake.
    Originally posted by Startup1985
    Maybe, I'd probably argue there is little correlation between p2p returns and risks, especially as many of the lower paying platforms are black boxes whereby you don't see any due diligence behind loan security, if that exists at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

302Posts Today

3,512Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin