Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diver10
    • By diver10 17th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    diver10
    Parking Eye Query/Advice - Short of Time
    • 17th Sep 17, 3:40 PM
    Parking Eye Query/Advice - Short of Time 17th Sep 17 at 3:40 PM
    Apologies for posting a separate thread but i am short of time before 20 days up

In short -

Incident date - 30/08
    Where - Local shopping centre car park
    Circs - 2 hours free given, I stayed 3hrs 25. I knew payment was due and paid my extra 3 pounds that I thought was due. When reg put in machine there is no indication of what you owe, It transpires now that I should have paid 4 pound for total stay. It was a genuine mistake, I still have the ticket as i always keep in the car

They have stung me for the usual 60 quid increased to 100
    The letter went to my lease company first (dated 06/09) then has been forwarded to me.by them on 13/09. I was on holiday and did not open til 15/09.

Advice please as I really don't want to pay it and feel scammed as i genuinely payed what I thought was due ( I even went back into shops to get coins to pay).
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 17, 2:12 PM
    • 51,876 Posts
    • 65,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Agreed - wait for your own NTH and then enjoy beating this as 'hirer'!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• diver10
    • By diver10 4th Oct 17, 11:17 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    diver10
    Onc eyou get YOUR NtHirer from PE, that is the one you appeal, and point out it does not meet POFA as it will NOT contain a copy of the hire agreement. PE never ever send it.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Ive had my PE letter through now, addressed to me (in fact I just got a reminder letter, bless them) Just the letter and NO other documents

1. Out of the two templates shown in the FAQ thread for lease vehicles, which should I use?

Ednas short and sweet or mnavvara's longer version

2. Should I wait til the "deadline" of 21/10 or hit them with it now?
    Last edited by diver10; 04-10-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 51,876 Posts
    • 65,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    1. Out of the two templates shown in the FAQ thread for lease vehicles, which should I use?

Ednas short and sweet or mnavvara's longer version
    Either, as long as they both talk about para 13/14 of the POFA.

2. Should I wait til the "deadline" of 21/10 or hit them with it now?
    The only thing I would wait for is 21 days since you think PE received your details from the lease firm in that letter, and making sure the appeal goes in within 21 days of you getting your NTH.

21 days is the deadline in play with hire car situations, not 28. The reason for waiting to get past 21 days since PE got the letter, is to not give them a window to send out a proper version!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• diver10
    • By diver10 6th Nov 17, 4:40 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    diver10
    Hi, I have a POPLA code now as my appeal was refused by PE

Shall I use the POFA as my basis for appeal with POPLA?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,856Posts Today

7,106Users online

Martin's Twitter