Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wittowoo
    • By Wittowoo 16th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Wittowoo
    Mortgage with tax credits as income?
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:31 PM
    Mortgage with tax credits as income? 16th Sep 17 at 8:31 PM
    Hi I hope some of you season posters can help me. I first got a mortgage 10 years ago when I was earning more money and in a full-time job I've since had a baby and have gone part time at work I'm a single parent. I want to move house and would like to know if there are any mortgage providers that take tax credits as income as I work 50% part time and have working tax credits to top up. Which providers would I be best looking at my current mortgage provider has said they will only lend me another £7,000 and I really need another 30
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 16th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 1,625 Posts
    • 3,347 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    Did you consult a mortgage broker, as recommended last time you asked?

Are you aware that tax credits are changing and in the near future you will be transferred to universal credit? You could be a fair bit worse off when you switch, please take this into account when committing to further lending.
    • Wittowoo
    • By Wittowoo 16th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Wittowoo
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    Yes the tax credits changes is why I want to move house I need a third bedroom so that I can get some passive income by renting it out or fostering
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 16th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 10,015 Posts
    • 3,899 Thanks
    amnblog
    Many do.

The biggest issue with tax credits is that the award letters often have earned income figures that are not up to date. This is a problem for lenders as a change in income means a change in tax credits.

If your award letter has accurate income stated. Good news.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,411Users online

Martin's Twitter