Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eskimo26
    • By eskimo26 16th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 792Posts
    • 987Thanks
    eskimo26
    Customs+ handling charge when item is returned to seller
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    Customs+ handling charge when item is returned to seller 16th Sep 17 at 5:30 PM
    Hi,
    An item I ordered has been returned to the seller because I miss the window to pay the customs+handling charge within 21 days.

I want to know if i'm still liable for the custom or handling charge because I don't want bailiffs knocking on my door in 4 months.

Are the charges waived because the item was rejected and sent back to seller?
    Cheers.
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 16th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 7,027 Posts
    • 6,025 Thanks
    bris
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    You will know if another demand to pay turns up at your door. There will be a lot more letters before the bailiffs turn up so don't wotty about that.

It's unlikely the seller will refund you however as they have done nothing wrong.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 17th Sep 17, 2:37 AM
    • 903 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 17th Sep 17, 2:37 AM
    • 17th Sep 17, 2:37 AM
    In my experience the customs charges are not payable if the item is returned to the sender by the carrier.
    • eskimo26
    • By eskimo26 23rd Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 792 Posts
    • 987 Thanks
    eskimo26
    • 23rd Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 11:47 AM
    You will know if another demand to pay turns up at your door. There will be a lot more letters before the bailiffs turn up so don't wotty about that.

It's unlikely the seller will refund you however as they have done nothing wrong.
    Originally posted by bris
    Thanks guys, I moved address so that's part of my worry, I think i'll ring them and just ask.

Seller mentioned he does refund all charges of this type but told me afterwards when it was to late.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin