Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • happyhero
    • By happyhero 16th Sep 17, 4:06 PM
    • 1,096Posts
    • 54Thanks
    happyhero
    how to transfer OLD emails from Incredimail to Thunderbird
    • 16th Sep 17, 4:06 PM
    how to transfer OLD emails from Incredimail to Thunderbird 16th Sep 17 at 4:06 PM
    Hi I want to give up on Incredimail which I have thousands of emails on and go over to Thunderbird, the trouble is I want to keep all my old emails and the subfolders I have split them up into over the years.

I have Googled it and downloaded some converters but they dont seem to do a full job, ie they want you to download and expensive full version to allow you to actually do the whole job otherwise they only do some emails. I can see it is a little tricky these days trying to get emails out of Incredimail now that they have removed the export feature in version 2.5 which I have, so what can I do?

I changed my Incredimail a few weeks back from pop3 to imap so that they sycn with my Sky account but that only syncs them from the date I took imap as my account setting.

I preferred Pop3 but was advised on here to switch and I must admit it seems better being able to access my emails from different places.

I think from what I read I need to get my emails off incredimail into EML format, is that correct and how do I do that?

And how do I do that so that I get everything even from old?

Any advice please?
Page 1
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 16th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    • 5,556 Posts
    • 2,106 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:17 PM
    Any advice please?
    Originally posted by happyhero
    don't use a email most people have never heard of.

do you really need all of your emails? i have thousands of emails but can delete all of them and it will not effect my life or life expectancy.

if you really can't back up or export i would just take a screenshot of the ones you need move on to gmail.

incredi what????
    Last edited by dipsomaniac; 17-09-2017 at 9:14 AM.
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 17th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 723 Posts
    • 386 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 17th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    • 17th Sep 17, 8:48 AM
    Read this:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_from_Incredimail
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,292Users online

Martin's Twitter