Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cwalls
    • By Cwalls 16th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cwalls
    0 WOW
    Wedding in Cuba advice please.
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Wedding in Cuba advice please. 16th Sep 17 at 3:38 PM
    Hi, I am booked to get married in Varadero Cuba on October 20th. I am booked with Thomas Cook. I was advised by Thomas Cook Varadero is business as usual after the hurricane. But I checked on my hotels website yesterday and it shows the hotel will reopen on 1st Nov. I asked Thomas Cook again and they said it is closed till 15th October. One of my guests, who didn't book with Thomas cook has spoken with the hotel, and was told they are moving all of us to their sister hotel. Thomas Cook say they don't do business with the sister hotel so this isn't an option. I just don't know what to believe or what my rights are, I've been planning this wedding for 2 years. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Page 1
    • hollie.weimeraner
    • By hollie.weimeraner 16th Sep 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1,374 Posts
    • 802 Thanks
    hollie.weimeraner
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:44 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:44 PM
    Try emailing the hotel direct to see what they say. If the response states they aren't open, forward it to TC and ask what they are playing at.

Problem is your guests who haven't booked through TC may have problems cancelling but take it one step at a time first.

Good luck and I hope you get it resolved

PS you could also have a look on Trip Advisor and Facebook to see if anyone can help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,416Posts Today

6,125Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin