Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sallim
    • By Sallim 16th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sallim
    PCN on unclear pictures
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    PCN on unclear pictures 16th Sep 17 at 2:46 PM
    Hi All,
    I need help plz. I received two letter from debt recovery and now letter from Glad stone demanding alleged debt with in 14 days or otherwise ready for further court action. The original PCN and letters from debt recovery were allegedly sent to different address as i have moved to different address but V5 was not updated.
    ANPR Pictures of car on the letter does not show number plate and reg number has been edited by computer and shown on letter( My research shows that pictures of the car should not be edited ?) Basically driver parked car and went to attend wedding at evening time in Feb17 and it was quite dark so there was not clear sign in the car park as so as pictures on their letter shows this fact. The site has been demolished not so can i still take picture to defend my case?
    I have sent only one following letter to G24 and Debt recovery plus please advise me what is best course of action for me now e.g write a Subject access letter etc. I would really appreciate your help:

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have received your letter in which you instructed to pay the alleged debt of £160.
    I deny the alleged charges on the following grounds.
    The pictures on the PCN do not show the car number plate and very ambiguous. This don’t comply with Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 which clearly states that “All photographs used for evidence should be clear and legible and must not be retouched or digitally altered.”
    I also believe that signs on the site fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your claim of clear signs on the site also contradicts the photos sent to me.
    I am not aware of such alleged parking violation. I suggest that you to cancel this unjustified charge. If not, under the Trade Body's, British Parking Associations (BPA),current Code of Practice your client must issue a rejection letter which must include:
    • A copy of the signage site map and close-up pictures of the signs in site at the time, taken at a comparable time of day in similar light conditions.
    • Pictures of the car parked, clearly showing the number plate of the car.
    • All the relevant documents e.g letters etc related to this.
    I look forward to your response.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Last edited by Sallim; 16-09-2017 at 3:07 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    Before starting a new thread everyone is politely asked to read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum to learn about the game you are now caught up in

Read up now and you will see that you now need to ignore everything except court correspondence or a lbcca.

Don't contact debt collectors any more

Make sure the PPC has your correct address to ensure you don't get court correspondence sent out to a wrong address and you end up with a ccj in default by not knowing anything about it
    • Sallim
    • By Sallim 16th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sallim
    • 16th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 4:16 PM
    Thanks for replying Quentin.
    i just want be ahead of the game and need advise.
    I want to establish if on which points i should concentrate.
    I don't have all the letters sent by G24 or DRP so shell i request these under POFA and prepare myself before hand just in case I get LBCCA.

Thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 51,470 Posts
    • 65,059 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 4:20 PM
    G24 don't sue anyone, so that letter is just DRPlus again (their ref starts with a 3?).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73000832#post73000832

same as all the other threads about this letter, here are a couple you could have searched & found:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72907753#post72907753

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72904659#post72904659

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72824871#post72824871
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,132Posts Today

4,612Users online

Martin's Twitter