Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dannio92
    • By dannio92 16th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 1Thanks
    dannio92
    Parking charge notice
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:46 PM
    Parking charge notice 16th Sep 17 at 2:46 PM
    Hi, I recently took my 92 year old mother for a cancer check at our local Hospital and as she is a blue badge holder I looked for a space on the ground floor which is all for disabled parking.
    There were no available spaces but adjacent to the pavements there were yellow lines where cars were parked displaying blue badges, so I took one of these available spaces.
    upon my return I found a parking charge notice, where upon it stated "" obstructive parking "
    i looked for any signs along where I was parked for any signage but couldn't find any so was bemused.
    The Car park on the ground floor of the Hospital is managed by a private company called Gemini parking solutions, the notice informs me I have 28 days to pay £75 or £45 if paid within in 14 days.
    i emailed the company as part of an appeal and they informed that I was parked on a dropped kerb and showed me signage stating this, and that my appeal is unsuccessful.
    i have since been back to the Hospital and found this sign but it is nowhere near where I was parked, how are people supposed to see these if they are not close to where you may be fouling, you certainly don't go walking around a car parking searching for signs.
    Im informed by this company that I can appeal through POPLA, any advice please.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 32,742 Posts
    • 16,755 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    Before you start a new thread everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread.

Go there now to see the game you are now caught up in.

All advice on how to appeal to popla is set out there.

Also complain to Pals at the hospital.

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    Last edited by Quentin; 16-09-2017 at 3:34 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 49,972 Posts
    • 63,364 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    Why did you appeal saying who was driving? Didn't you come here first before you shot those toes off?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

109Posts Today

1,138Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin