Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 16th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    • 1,080Posts
    • 7,536Thanks
    Top Girl
    Savings affecting childcare element of tax credits?
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:00 PM
    Savings affecting childcare element of tax credits? 16th Sep 17 at 1:00 PM
    As above really.

We will be entitled to a small amount of the childcare element of tax credits once Top Baby goes to nursery. I am currently saving like crazy to cover the shortfall in my maternity and fund my PGCE once she's a bit older.

What is the maximum amount I can have in my savings accounts before it affects our eligibility? OH isn't a saver so it would just be myself.

We won't get anything else bar child benefit for her.
    Last edited by Top Girl; 16-09-2017 at 1:05 PM.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 1,205 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    As above really.

We will be entitled to a small amount of the childcare element of tax credits once Top Baby goes to nursery. I am currently saving like crazy to cover the shortfall in my maternity and fund my PGCE once she's a bit older.

What is the maximum amount I can have in my savings accounts before it affects our eligibility? OH isn't a saver so it would just be myself.

We won't get anything else bar child benefit for her.
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    Savings don't count for tax credits purposes unless the interest recieved is over £300.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,300Posts Today

9,598Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin