Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pigmyhippo
    • By Pigmyhippo 16th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    • 35Posts
    • 39Thanks
    Pigmyhippo
    Electoral roll changed back to old address
    • 16th Sep 17, 10:48 AM
    Electoral roll changed back to old address 16th Sep 17 at 10:48 AM
    Hi, was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

We moved home in June and updated electoral register. After about a month or so all address details had been updated on all 3 versions of both the credit report of my wife, and my own. Last months reports were all showing the correct new address as the electoral roll address.

Just logged onto them all today to check them, and the electoral roll current addresses have all changed back to our old address. This is on noddle, clearscore, and experian (through MSE credit club) for my wife, and noddle and clearscore for myself. The address that we live at is now shown as a previous address, and our old address is now current.

I wouldn't normally care too much, but we have been accepted for a mortgage with Nationwide on a new build home, and just before we complete in a couple of months, our mortgage broker has said they will probably do another check of our credit reports to make sure nothing has changed.

I will obviously contact the local council on Monday and see if there has been an error there, but if there hasn't, and the council have our correct address, does anyone know of any reason why this could have happened?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

5,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin