Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gazelle15
    • By gazelle15 16th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gazelle15
    Faultt double glazing - what are my rights?
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    Faultt double glazing - what are my rights? 16th Sep 17 at 9:38 AM
    My parents had some double glazed doors fitted in December 2016.

Shortly after fitting there were issues with the doors sticking and the company sent someone out to fix them in early January. The problem has since recurred on pretty much a monthly basis. Each time my parents have contacted and someone has come out to "fix" the problem.

In July they came out whilst my parents weren't home and claim to have fixed it but one of the doors is still sticking.

My parents sent a letter complaining of the issues and requesting a refund on the basis that the goods are faulty and not fit for purpose (I will add that both my parents have mobility issues so the door sticking is a big problem for them)

They have received no response to the letter (sent recorded) and are wondering what to do next.

I have advised a letter before action.should be sent but I am not sure which legislation I should be quoting. The Consumer Rights Act seems to give more right to a refund but as thet have allowed the company to come out on no lesd than 6 occasions I am not sure whethet this applies as it seems to read that a refund must be within 30 days of the problem becoming apoarent or after a first failed repair. However it seems contrary to the intention of that Act to lose the right to a refund by giving the supplier more opportubity to rectify the issue.

Any advice on where they stand in respect of a refund would be appreciated
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 16th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 5,436 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    It would be worth getting someone else out to have a look and see if they can work out what's going wrong? How did they pay?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,110Posts Today

8,088Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin