Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    • 1,194Posts
    • 180Thanks
    littlerock
    Galaxy S6 screen issues
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:02 AM
    Galaxy S6 screen issues 16th Sep 17 at 9:02 AM
    OH has a Galaxy S6 on contract. He has had a Galaxy for the last few years and this is I think, his third different model.

Every 6 or 7 months the screen packs up. This has been happening over a 2 year period. This happens after the phone has been left for a while, usually overnight, on a table or counter top. Last night it happened again.

Anyone else had a similar issue? Any suggestions why?
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 16th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    • 9,849 Posts
    • 4,057 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    What does screen packs up mean ??
    need new screen ?? phone needs reboot ??

Factory reset .
    Could well be user apps .
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:15 PM
    The screen is not cracked or anything like that. What happens is he leaves the phone, which is working fine, on a flat surface for a short period, and when he picks it up the display no longer works. He gets a mainly black display on with bits of broken up coloured image scattered around on it. The rest of the phone is still working but he cannot view anything on the screen.

It is not a case of fixing it with a hard reset or anything like that , the screen simply stops functioning and it looks (and I do not know how mobile phones work) as though whatever part of the display is under the glass front, it cannot assemble any images.

He has insurance on his contract, although it was recently changed to only two replacements a year. When he phones EE up, they talk him through it and diagnose a faulty display and say he needs to get a replacement phone.
    Last edited by littlerock; 16-09-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 12:28 PM
    I think it is called a bleeding display?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 16th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    • 9,849 Posts
    • 4,057 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:47 PM
    <<diagnose a faulty display and say he needs to get a replacement phone >>

Or replace the screen/ digitizer if that's the actual problem .
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 16th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:02 PM
    He can get another replacement on the insurance but is only allowed 2 in 12 months. If it goes again he is in trouble as it is now out of official warranty period.

My question is why is it happening so often, I have not found anything on line to suggest it is a known issue. Not unless the screen is cracked which his is not.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 2,918 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 3:03 PM
    and diagnose a faulty display and say he needs to get a replacement phone.
    Originally posted by littlerock
    So let them replace it. A different phone is unlikely to have the same problem.
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 17th Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1,194 Posts
    • 180 Thanks
    littlerock
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:13 PM
    Did you not read my original posting? His Galaxy y S6 phones do keep developing the same fault. This is this the 4th replacement in 2 years and his second replacement this year, all with broken displays.. If the replacement for the current one develops the same fault as the last three, before next March , he will not be entitled to another replacement on the insurance.

I am trying to find out if it is something he does could be causing it or if it is a known fault.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 18th Sep 17, 4:45 AM
    • 2,918 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 18th Sep 17, 4:45 AM
    • 18th Sep 17, 4:45 AM
    Did you not read my original posting? His Galaxy y S6 phones do keep developing the same fault. This is this the 4th replacement in 2 years and his second replacement this year, all with broken displays.. If the replacement for the current one develops the same fault as the last three, before next March , he will not be entitled to another replacement on the insurance.

I am trying to find out if it is something he does could be causing it or if it is a known fault.
    Originally posted by littlerock
    Your original posting didn't make it clear (to me) that more than one S6 had this problem. Unless someone notes that it's a common issue, it must be something external affecting all these phones, the way it's used or something in your house, etc. What's inside or under the table where he leaves it, for example?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,128Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter