Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ManAtHome
    • By ManAtHome 15th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    • 8,168Posts
    • 5,300Thanks
    ManAtHome
    0 WOW
    Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    0 WOW
    Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day 15th Sep 17 at 9:15 PM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert October 2017:

You might also like to read our Ryanair wrongly denies passenger compensation for cancelled flight news story

Back to ManAtHome's original forum post...

------

Just seen this on NewsNow

Ryanair is to cancel up to 50 flights a day for the next six weeks.
    The carrier says the cancellations up to the end of October are because of a backlog in the annual leave of staff.
    More details http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/--806174.html

and https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-flight-cancellations-what-you-need-to-know-1.3222837
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-10-2017 at 1:23 PM.
Page 8
    • Tom The Great Sebastian
    • By Tom The Great Sebastian 3rd Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    • 854 Posts
    • 948 Thanks
    Tom The Great Sebastian
    Latest news for investors from Ryanair.

Ryanair's traffic increased by 10pc in September despite airline cancelling thousands of flights
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 3rd Oct 17, 12:12 PM
    • 6,314 Posts
    • 19,222 Thanks
    Doc N
    Hi, can anyone clarify something?
    I'm on live chat now.....all Belfast - London flights cancelled for November.
    I've asked to be rebooked on an Easyjet flight but am being told I have to do this myself then claim for any extra charges retrospectively. The original flights were approx. £80, the Easyjet flights will be approx. £259. Ryanair are saying this is too much and they will only cover 3 x the original cost.
    I know its not much of a difference but I'd just like to know whats correct.
    Many thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by Leothecat
    https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Cancellations/Short-haul-cancellations/

The above might help. In theory Ryanair should pay for your flights, but getting the money out of them will almost certainly be difficult. If they'll agree to pay £240 now (which I doubt) I'd take on the basis that a bird in the hand etc etc.
    • Twopints
    • By Twopints 3rd Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 1,404 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    Twopints
    Latest news for pilots at Ryanair:

Ryanair pilots being investigated by HMRC for using an employment structure that they had no choice but to use
    Not even wrong
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 3rd Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 6,957 Posts
    • 3,198 Thanks
    buglawton
    Michael O'Leary can afford a smile on his face this morning.
    Monarch's collapse has taken the heat of the Ryanair story who in turn are benefiting for Monarch's woes.
    The company has also completed a long-planned buy-back of shares much earlier than scheduled having taken advantage in the fall in their share price.
    Which this morning is climbing back up again.
    Ker-ching !
    Originally posted by Tom The Great Sebastian
    Ironically Monarch has a separate, profitable company called IIRC Monarch Engineering, that Ryanair uses a lot for servicing!
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 13th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 20,859 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone

You might also like to read our Ryanair wrongly denies passenger compensation for cancelled flight news story

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,402Users online

Martin's Twitter