Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iwant2savemoney
    • By iwant2savemoney 15th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 396Posts
    • 6,288Thanks
    iwant2savemoney
    Go via ebay or paypal
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    Go via ebay or paypal 15th Sep 17 at 9:07 PM
    Quick question, daughter purchased a laptop approx 3 weeks ago from a business seller on ebay, it keeps freezing and has to restart to work again for a short time, is it best to open a case with ebay or paypal.
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 16th Sep 17, 1:34 AM
    • 225 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:34 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:34 AM
    Start with ebay - you can always move on to Paypal if you need to (the reverse isn't true - the deadlines for opening a case on ebay are much shorter).
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Sep 17, 8:04 AM
    • 59,478 Posts
    • 42,180 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:04 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:04 AM
    I assume you are looking to do a SNAD with a return for a full refund? If so then assuming you win the case ebay will require the seller to provide you with a pre paid returns label- on paypal you will have to send it back at your own cost .*

* there are some schemes that paypal have where they pay the return, but it is not as definite as ebay.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,575Posts Today

9,799Users online

Martin's Twitter