Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ellieb4
    • By Ellieb4 15th Sep 17, 8:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ellieb4
    Student Loan for fees 2nd degree in healthcare
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:51 PM
    Student Loan for fees 2nd degree in healthcare 15th Sep 17 at 8:51 PM
    Hi
    We keep getting mixed messages from SLC. Basically the degree I want to do is my second degree and in occupational therapy as I am hoping to progress my career. Apparently I am not entitled to tuition fee loan as I already have a degree even though it's a healthcare course however the government student finance page suggests I should. Please can anyone answer our prayers ! Kind regards.
Page 1
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 16th Sep 17, 5:18 AM
    • 1,570 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:18 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:18 AM
    I know nothing about this, however....

Have you applied for the degree and been accepted? I've worked with lecturers for healthcare courses, including OTs, as I've provided placements for students. I've always found the ones I've met very enthusiastic and helpful to their students.

I'd approach them and ask. I'd expect them to know about sources of funding and how to apply.
    • susannthe3cs
    • By susannthe3cs 18th Sep 17, 2:12 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    susannthe3cs
    • 18th Sep 17, 2:12 AM
    • 18th Sep 17, 2:12 AM
    Hiya, you can't have a tuition loan again as I enquired for. A paramedic one as I had three years funding for my hnd they advised me I would only be elite able for final year funding of a new degree as it's 4 years max
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,416Posts Today

6,125Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin