Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dangerous_Dave2k
    • By Dangerous_Dave2k 15th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 69Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Dangerous_Dave2k
    Couriers that definitely get a viewable signature.
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    Couriers that definitely get a viewable signature. 15th Sep 17 at 8:43 PM
    Does anyone know which couriers definitely get a signature which is viewable online? Although Parcelforce state that they get viewable signatures on their UK services, I found out recently (to my considerable worry) that they do not.
Page 1
    • 19lottie82
    • By 19lottie82 15th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 5,702 Posts
    • 8,639 Thanks
    19lottie82
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:54 PM
    I'm pretty sure DHL do?
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 16th Sep 17, 1:36 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:36 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:36 AM
    Viewable signatures are generally not worth the screen they're written on - they are completely unintelligible in most cases. Not sure why it matters that you can see it onscreen...?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Sep 17, 8:02 AM
    • 59,084 Posts
    • 41,871 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:02 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:02 AM
    I have never once managed to make my signature look like anything other than a dead spider that has collapsed on the screen. I have also never been asked to verify who I am when signing, so have taken in parcels for my niece (who was staying with us long turn this year) and signed my name which is not the name on the parcel.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • in_the_Cotswolds
    • By in_the_Cotswolds 16th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    in_the_Cotswolds
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    As a postie it annoys me when people use just a "squiggle" or circle for their signature. I think I might start saying it's not an acceptable signature and see what happens. No doubt I will be in the wrong!!!!

• martindow
    • By martindow 16th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 7,171 Posts
    • 3,987 Thanks
    martindow
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:01 PM
    Signatures on screens with a stylus used by carriers are impossible to make legible, however they usually ask for the surname and type them in. But carriers usually deliver to an address rather than a particular person.

What issue is behind your question?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 10,887 Posts
    • 7,297 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    There are several but as above it really depends on what the issue is.

If you want to comply with Amazon postage requirements then yes you need a signature viewable online. If it's eBay you don't unless the item and postage is £750 or more.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 25,688 Posts
    • 10,208 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    Had several say sign here and very little ot noting showed on the screen, each time they said dont worry the signature will be there. Its just the screen on the handheld device thats not showing it properly.

Often the signature they upload is like a screenshot, but the system will have a better copy logged. As mentioned though how many people actually sign their name and not just a squiggle?

Thumb prints instead?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 16th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 8,429 Posts
    • 4,902 Thanks
    RFW
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    I had a delivery the other day and signed for it, the driver, who I know quite well, said "Your signature looks better when I do it".

I think they're all meant to have signatures online and all have get out clauses for when they don't get or their machine is broken or whatever they feel like,
    • spud17
    • By spud17 17th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    • 4,209 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    spud17
    Recently had a delivery from John Lewis, correct procedure is to sign highly customised phone screen with finger.
    The phone is locked down and only able to be used to phone/text customer when delivery is imminent.
    Move along, nothing to see.
    • donnac2558
    • By donnac2558 17th Sep 17, 2:00 PM
    • 2,317 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    donnac2558
    Any time I have had to sign the screen the stylo never works. I am told to use my finger. And it does look like my signature, which I am told looks like a doctor signed. So unintelligible anyway.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 17th Sep 17, 4:17 PM
    • 4,348 Posts
    • 3,743 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    DPD get a signature or take a photo of the parcel left in the safe place specified. Both are accessible through their app. I think they also have geo tagging too.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 25,688 Posts
    • 10,208 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Never had an issue with DPD, get a text first thing in the morning with a 2 hour time slot and the driver is usually outside right on the dot of the start time.

Just been lucky?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • RFW
    • By RFW 17th Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    • 8,429 Posts
    • 4,902 Thanks
    RFW
    Never had an issue with DPD, get a text first thing in the morning with a 2 hour time slot and the driver is usually outside right on the dot of the start time.

Just been lucky?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Not in my experience you haven't. I get 5-10 deliveries a week from them with no problems. I usually get a one hour time slot. Their drivers always seem to be the happiest too, I know they tend to like the organised system.

Most couriers seem to be catching up to them and all seem better organised than they have been in the past. A couple of recent deliveries from UK Mail has pushed them up the rankings for me.
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 18th Sep 17, 12:13 AM
    • 623 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    Tealblue
    Not in my experience you haven't. I get 5-10 deliveries a week from them with no problems. I usually get a one hour time slot. Their drivers always seem to be the happiest too, I know they tend to like the organised system.

Most couriers seem to be catching up to them and all seem better organised than they have been in the past. A couple of recent deliveries from UK Mail has pushed them up the rankings for me.
    Originally posted by RFW
    DPD is great - I especially like being able to track their driver 'live' on the map they provide!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

829Posts Today

5,664Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin