Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aayush
    • By aayush 15th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 648Posts
    • 24Thanks
    aayush
    MBNA AND Obasdaum
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    MBNA AND Obasdaum 15th Sep 17 at 8:11 PM
    hi

I did put a claim with the above card company and was forwarded to the next step and no luck can you advise if I should try again
Page 1
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 15th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 882 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    Obasdaum?!!!

If you mean the ombudsman, then if they have declined your complaint you cannot try again.

What was the reason for your complaint, did you provide evidence?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 89,548 Posts
    • 55,995 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    You get one bite of the cherry. If you have been declined by the firm and the ombudsman, then its game over. You dont get to complain again.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 15th Sep 17, 11:43 PM
    • 18,724 Posts
    • 9,977 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:43 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:43 PM
    I did put a claim with the above card company and was forwarded to the next step and no luck can you advise if I should try again
    Originally posted by aayush
    You have already followed the complaint process through to it's conclusion.

The only valid reason you could have for attempting to re-open your complaint would be if you found new and compelling evidence that neither the Bank nor the Ombudsman considered with the original complaint.

You have not found any such evidence, I presume?

If you do attempt to "complain" again, therefore, you can expect in response a terse reiteration of the result of your earlier complaint.

Don't waste your time.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,573Posts Today

9,445Users online

Martin's Twitter