Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Engeroosi
    • By Engeroosi 15th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    • 482Posts
    • 318Thanks
    Engeroosi
    Applying for mortgage, partner has a CCJ
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    Applying for mortgage, partner has a CCJ 15th Sep 17 at 7:52 PM
    Ok where to start.

Incomes

Me.(M) 49000 per year
    Partner(P) 29500 Per year

P has a CCJ from June 2015 for 1200 will be satisfied in november 2017
    P has 2 dependants (12 and 14)

M has loans totalling 45k (to be paid off when sell M house)
    M has mortgage for 66.5k
    M has house worth around 170k

M and P want to buy a 290k house.

Had a quote from a mortgage advisor for fixed rate at 3.44% for 2 years. 995 product fee. Then ontop of this a 3k fee to the mortgage advisor.

Is the only real option to pay some 3k to make our mortgage application?
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 15th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 15,406 Posts
    • 7,790 Thanks
    ACG
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    The fee is ridiculous.
    The rate is a touch on the high side, not massively but maybe 0.5% above what I think is achievable.

I would suggest a new broker if nothing else other than them thinking £3k is reasonable.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 15th Sep 17, 8:55 PM
    • 9,752 Posts
    • 3,768 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:55 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:55 PM
    The fee is well above the market average I'm afraid.

As an adverse credit client you might expect to pay up to £1,000 for your brokers advice.

Your location may mean limited local services but you can deal online with many mortgage brokers.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Engeroosi
    • By Engeroosi 15th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    Engeroosi
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:28 PM
    Ok, my thoughts exactly but didnt want to insult any mortgage advisors out there.

Is it possible you could offer your services or let me know of any advisor you would recommend?
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 16th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 2,356 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 8:09 AM
    Ok, my thoughts exactly but didnt want to insult any mortgage advisors out there.

Is it possible you could offer your services or let me know of any advisor you would recommend?
    Originally posted by Engeroosi

May I suggest you Private message them, that's what I did and I got a mortgage hassle free tbh
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • ACG
    • By ACG 16th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 15,406 Posts
    • 7,790 Thanks
    ACG
    • 16th Sep 17, 10:00 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Engeroosi
    Brokers can not tout for business, there is nothing stopping you messaging them but they can not make first contact.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Djeffries
    • By Djeffries 16th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Djeffries
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    Can I ask who your financial adviser is or what mortgage company you have the offer on. We are in a similar situation and am really struggling to find a mortgage offer.

Thanks
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 16th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 9,752 Posts
    • 3,768 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    Can I ask who your financial adviser is or what mortgage company you have the offer on. We are in a similar situation and am really struggling to find a mortgage offer.
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Djeffries
    The scenario above should have a few suitors.

Consult a good mortgage broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Engeroosi
    • By Engeroosi 16th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    Engeroosi
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 2:27 PM
    I think you should contact one of the brokers who use this website, they will be able to assist for far less than the original adviser was quoting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

301Posts Today

2,684Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin