Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justwondering25
    • By justwondering25 15th Sep 17, 7:47 PM
    • 179Posts
    • 70Thanks
    justwondering25
    £100 MET parking charge services , do they follow up on there threat or one to ignore
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:47 PM
    £100 MET parking charge services , do they follow up on there threat or one to ignore 15th Sep 17 at 7:47 PM
    I have just come home to a car parking fine by a company called " MET parking services" basically I stayed longer than 4 hours at my gym , which I pay a monthly fee to use !!!

Yes there are signs in the card park etc , but should I be worried , I will speak to the manager of the gym in the next few days.
    But is MET parking services , one to just ignore their letters demanding money for the fine or should I be a bit more worried and pay it ?
    I over stayed by 68 minutes , which considering I am a member of the gym is a bit of shame to be charged £100 !!
    !!!!! Lifes wonderful !!!!!
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 14,551 Posts
    • 22,895 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    There is a computer at the gym that you can enter your car reg into if you think you will be staying longer than 4 hours
    Did you not enter your details? Why not just do that by default, even though you plan only to be there for a couple of hours? We always recommend complying with the requirements of the car park. This isn't a forum which encourages car park 'bilking'.

I thought though, that due to the car park been free for members, then the maximum they can claim is zero, due to no real loss as the car park fee is zero?
    Don't go there. An almost dead in the water argument since Beavis v ParkingEye at the Supreme Court in November 2015.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 15,515 Posts
    • 19,598 Thanks
    Redx
    beavis thought the same and lost in 3 courts to 11 judges, dont fall into the same trap because due to his court cases you will definitely lose that feeble argument due to the SUPREME COURT ruling 2 years ago

if they can prove a contract exists and the driver should have followed the rules , they might be able to extort money due to a failure of the driver to follow the rules and so be in breach of their parking contract (failure to extend the stay as detailed in the parking regime)

the gym "could" ensure that members vehoicles are exempt by adding their VRM to a whiteliest

the gum "could" get it cancelled because a genuine gym member was using their membership and facilities and so waiver the charge

but they will trot out all the same old excuses like you said

best to kill it now rather than spend 6 to 24 months battling it in court like beavis did with his overstay
    Last edited by Redx; 15-09-2017 at 9:10 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • justwondering25
    • By justwondering25 15th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    justwondering25
    I did not enter my details..... I am normally in and out within 4 hours... And I can honestly say they reason I was in there longer than usual was due to a serious complaint been made to the company that manages my property rental, a very serious over sight has been made by them... Leaving me spending a extra hour in between exercising and waiting for return of phone calls, this parking charge adds a rather salty rub to the wounds.... But that is life sometimes... But intend to have a good old moan at the gym manager.
    • justwondering25
    • By justwondering25 15th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    justwondering25
    So just to summarise...

1) moan at the gym manager
    2) appeal using the template

If I lose my appeal, should I then wait it out to see if they take me to court?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Sep 17, 9:16 PM
    • 15,515 Posts
    • 19,598 Thanks
    Redx
    you need to learn to stop using the following words

ME
    MYSELF
    I

the correct terms are

THE DRIVER
    THE KEEPER

so the KEEPER received the NTK

the DRIVER is the one that stayed on site , took the phone calls , didnt enter the VRM in the machine etc

unless you follow these golden rules you will fall into the trap of self incrimination, whereas in the good ol US of A they plead the FIFTH

time you spent some time editing all your posts please

these sc@mmers monitor public forums like this one , so you need to learn to speak like a politician, in the "third party"

and yes, your last post is a good summary , if you stay as KEEPER
    Last edited by Redx; 15-09-2017 at 9:19 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • justwondering25
    • By justwondering25 15th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    justwondering25
    Thank you, I shall let that be my golden rule.

Thank you.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 10:54 PM
    • 50,050 Posts
    • 63,452 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So just to summarise...

1) moan at the gym manager
    2) appeal using the template

If I lose my appeal, should I then wait it out to see if they take me to court?
    Originally posted by justwondering25
    I thought the NEWBIES thread was clear about POPLA stage? The template doesn't get it CANCELLED, it gets a POPLA code.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,540Posts Today

4,229Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin