Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Matt67
    • By Matt67 15th Sep 17, 7:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Matt67
    Northern parking services - parked outside Halfords red
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:41 PM
    Northern parking services - parked outside Halfords red 15th Sep 17 at 7:41 PM
    Hi
    Just received a PCN today in the post ( 15/09/2017 )

Someone parked outside Halfords at 20.14pm til 22.39pm ..

On the PCN it's shows my number plate which is correct and a photo of my car turning off the main road and into the empty car park.... On the photo there is no time or date, time and date was in the PCN letter...
    On a speeding fine I think there is a time limit on when the offence happened to receiving the fine... is there anytime schedule on PCN and if so what is it...?
    From 17/06/2017 to 15/09/2017 is 90 days...received PCN
    Do I pay or ignore ???
    Ps Free car park and Halfords on a Saturday close at 6pm...
    Last edited by Matt67; 30-09-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 4,465 Posts
    • 2,786 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:49 PM
    Matt, welcome.

Edit your post to remove all clues about who might've been driving.
    You should use phrases like "the driver parked...", or "the keeper received a NTK...".

Do I pay or ignore ???
    or the third option... read the newbies thread at the top of this board and find out how to successfully appeal this.

What do the signs say about parking out of shop hours?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    • 15,478 Posts
    • 24,186 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    Do I pay or ignore ???
    Neither. There is a third option.

NPS are BPA operators, so you have a good prospect of killing this off at POPLA. Given the late issue of the NtK, provided you haven't identified the driver, then a POPLA appeal with the first appeal point being 'no keeper liability' should see this off.

But you need to get your head around this stuff by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 1 (to start with) as advised by KeithP. Your initial task is to send the blue text initial appeal template to NPS and get yourself a POPLA code.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 10:52 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,103 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:52 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:52 PM
    Is the NEWBIES thread in invisible mode again today? Hmmm...

Why all the new threads from posters asking what to do?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,573Posts Today

9,445Users online

Martin's Twitter