Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jerseymonkey
    • By Jerseymonkey 15th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jerseymonkey
    Posting a query off board
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:09 PM
    Posting a query off board 15th Sep 17 at 7:09 PM
    Hi, I have a query which I'd really like to ask someone in a pm as it could be problematic if DRP read it. Would anyone who really knows what they're talking about in terms of cases going to court? It's a slightly unique case and would be easily identifiable. I've read loads of threads and not found an answer that helps. Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Sep 17, 7:18 PM
    • 33,258 Posts
    • 17,192 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:18 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:18 PM
    Have you seen this about ignoring DRP?:-

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ROSSENDALES or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Sep 17, 7:30 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:30 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:30 PM
    DRP and court are you serious?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 15th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 7,780 Posts
    • 7,876 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    Soliciting contact off-board isn't on and it's a recognised breach of the T&Cs. You should also disabuse yourself of the idea that your case is any different to anyone else with a PPC invoice as actual fact means very little to them.

It's also important for this board as PPCs do try to single certain posters out for mistreatment.

Simple care with not disclosing identifiable details should see you OK - and yes, all debt collectors are the same and fully covered in the Newbies Sticky.
    Last edited by pogofish; 15-09-2017 at 8:55 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 4,483 Posts
    • 2,804 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 9:32 PM
    Jerseymonkey, be very careful with any PMs you might now receive.

It/they could possibly be from the very people you would rather not disclose the details to.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,136 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    Beware pm's from posters with less than thousands of posts. Their agenda is not our agenda.

Lord knows why anyone is concerned about DRPlus. Not even sure they can read...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Jerseymonkey
    • By Jerseymonkey 20th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jerseymonkey
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    I probably wasn't clear - it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is - not got the letter with me, right address though) I'm concerned about. Considering court - being very broad, I've been put in a situation not of my own making. I have evidence which would stand up in court... but it's not true - the manager of the facility has lied to back me up because of the situation I've been put in by a previous manager. I need to understand the process if they do pursue, because I don't fancy being done for peverting the course of justice! Do the solicitors actually read the evidence before they proceed to court and kick things out on merit before starting the legal proceedings, or do they just take a batch accepting they're going to lose? And if proceedings start can you still pay so you don't go to court?
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 20th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 1,700 Posts
    • 3,096 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:46 AM
    or do they just take a batch accepting they're going to lose?
    This one

it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is
    Is it? Who does it say to pay?
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 7,379 Posts
    • 6,423 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    it's actually the solicitor (Gladwells or whoever it is

Would that be Gladstones? You need to get a grip on this and take it seriously or you could land up in deep doo doo. Accuracy is a sine qua non.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Sep 17, 10:52 AM
    • 33,258 Posts
    • 17,192 Thanks
    Quentin
    ....... I have evidence which would stand up in court... but it's not true - the manager of the facility has lied to back me up because of the situation I've been put in by a previous manager. I need to understand the process if they do pursue, because I don't fancy being done for peverting the course of justice! Do the solicitors actually read the evidence before they proceed to court.......
    Originally posted by Jerseymonkey
    You cannot really be expecting to win a court case based on your evidence being a pack of lies???
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Sep 17, 11:27 AM
    • 851 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Are you sure its actually Gladstones, and not DRP? The letter telling you who to pay is the big clue.
    • Jerseymonkey
    • By Jerseymonkey 20th Sep 17, 3:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jerseymonkey
    I said I didn't have the letter with me - there's no need to be so aggressive. No - I don't want to go to court because what I was given is untrue, which is why I was wanting to understand the court process. If there is a chance that they will look at the letter I have been given by the manager (because his predecessor repeatedly and deliberately misled me, as well as others by the sounds of it) and it not end up in court it's worth me continuing- if not I'll just pay up. Sounds like paying up is probably the best course in this circumstance despite the unfairness.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 20th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,700 Posts
    • 3,096 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Before you decide, check who it say to pay?
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Sep 17, 4:01 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 24,237 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Whether this results in an actual court hearing is likely to depend more on who the parking company is rather than a Gladstones letter, that may well have been sent by DRP.

1. Please tell us who the parking company is.

2. Does the reference number on the Gladstones letter commence 1xxxx, or 3xxxx?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 20th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 10,202 Posts
    • 9,347 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    The problem you have is that you refer to your evidence being untrue and you want help on here.

This forum has a reputation for being good guys who will use all our knowledge to help motorists get off these PPC swingeing charges. We really don't need any PPCs claiming on their web sites that we have colluded with a known untruth that comes out in court.

So, sorry, at least from me.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 20th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    I really think with all the cloak and dagger surrounding these posts it will be very difficult for the regulars to provide much in the way of assistance.

This is a forum to fight back at unfair scamming tactics, excessive charges, and in some cases the downright lies and deceit used by many PPC's.

None of the regulars condone lying or bilking etc but you really aren't giving much to go on.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 20-09-2017 at 5:56 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Sep 17, 6:46 PM
    • 33,258 Posts
    • 17,192 Thanks
    Quentin
    .... No - I don't want to go to court because what I was given is untrue, which is why I was wanting to understand the court process. If there is a chance that they will look at the letter I have been given by the manager (because his predecessor repeatedly and deliberately misled me, as well as others by the sounds of it) and it not end up in court it's worth me continuing- if not I'll just pay up. Sounds like paying up is probably the best course in this circumstance despite the unfairness.
    Originally posted by Jerseymonkey
    If you have an issue with a company (ie the employer of this manager who mislead you), then take it up with them.

Forget using this lying letter in your defence!
    • Jerseymonkey
    • By Jerseymonkey 1st Oct 17, 9:39 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jerseymonkey
    Thanks. The reference starts with a 3 and it's Premier Park. Are they likely to offer me the chance to pay the reduced price (i.e. The charge I would have paid if I'd paid promptly) before they actually progress to court (it seems they do go to court from other forum posts)? I parked by mistake (premises had changed hands and I hadn't noticed) and when I went to check was told by the manager that he'd cancel the fine - I'd have paid the initial charge willingly, he offered to do this without me asking. my objection is to the additional £75 that I incurred because the manager lied repeatedly . The company was completely unhelpful (unfortunately I did it all in person so have no written proof) and the new manager gave me a letter that would theoretically get me off the hook because he saw I'd been treated unfairly and wanted to do something to help. It's frustrating as i would have just paid up if I hadn't been told it would be cancelled, instead it's costing an extra £75 and a lot of stress.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 1st Oct 17, 9:47 AM
    • 40,477 Posts
    • 80,859 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Never ever say who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people.

Do this NOW.

It is not a fine.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • waamo
    • By waamo 1st Oct 17, 9:54 AM
    • 2,095 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    Are they likely to offer me the chance to pay the reduced price
    Why on earth are you even thinking of paying it? You really need to read the thread at the top of the page. It's the one that tells Newbies to read it first. Seriously, this is all covered in that thread.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,407Posts Today

7,613Users online

Martin's Twitter