Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 15th Sep 17, 6:25 PM
    • 26,002Posts
    • 32,888Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    Honest John
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:25 PM
    Honest John 15th Sep 17 at 6:25 PM
    I thought some on here would be interested in the thread on pepipoo about a recent article by honest john in the papers.
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=115684&pid=1315365&st=0&#entry 1315365
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 2,011 Posts
    • 2,429 Thanks
    waamo
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    The bloke is an idiot. There is a thread in the insurance section on here detailing some of the advice he gives. Needless to say he hasn't a clue.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 49,944 Posts
    • 63,353 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    I tried to email him, as I showed there. Wouldn't listen at all, said I was completely wrong and lectured me about nothing relevant at all, even said that the Beavis case means we are stuck with keepers being liable (even though Barry's case was nothing to do with that, and CP Plus don't use POFA wording).

I tried then gave up when he said he'd trash my replies.

He doesn't get the law about keeper liability nor understand where Beavis doesn't apply (we all know it can be distinguished from most other cases!) and basically is giving wrong advice telling people they are liable and stuffed. Awful.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 15th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    • 2,299 Posts
    • 2,802 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 10:16 PM
    has he been 'got to '

if not then he is as quoted an idiot

such a shame ......

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,286Posts Today

8,144Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin