Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blacksheep9
    • By blacksheep9 15th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    blacksheep9
    Missed Deadline on CCJ Claim??!
    • 15th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    Missed Deadline on CCJ Claim??! 15th Sep 17 at 5:58 PM
    I have received a CCJ claim form today (15/09/2017) this had been posted out to my previous address at which a relative now lives and they only dropped it off today.

The issue date on the claim for is 23rd August 2017, so I thought I may have missed the deadline of 14days (plus 5 days)...Does this time exclude or include weekends and bank holidays?

I logged on to MCOL and it let me submit an AOS which I wanted so I could investigate further before submitting a defence. As it has allowed me to submit AOS does this mean I have indeed responded in time or would it let me do this regardless of dates?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 12,445 Posts
    • 11,851 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:18 PM
    You only have 14 days from receipt of the claim form to acknowledge service, if you had acknowledged service online, you get 28 days in total.

I think the clock has timed out, you could still bang in a defense (if you have one) and hope it is accepted.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • blacksheep9
    • By blacksheep9 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    blacksheep9
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 7:13 PM
    Thanks for the prompt response, after doing some digging it seems the claim may be justified and something I have missed .....I can pay the money owed in a couple of weeks so do I

Wait until the judgement comes through and then contact the claimant within a month and pay in full.....hoping this means the CCJ wont appear on my credit file?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,573Posts Today

9,445Users online

Martin's Twitter