IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking

Hi all,

I recently parked in Beales car park after 7.30pm, which i ahve done many times before as i believed it was free after 6. I have recently been issued a ticket for not paying. It appears this has changed over to Britannia Parking and chargea are applicable 24/7.

I received my first letter fining £60 if paid within 14 days. I have read a lot of forums and the vast majority say to ignore and after about 3 letters they will go away and its actually an invoice not a penalty fine.

Most of these forum posts are a few years old now and i am looking for the latest information before i end up regretting ignoring the letters and get taken to court. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    its not a "fine" its an invoice

ignoring has not been correct for 5 YEARS !

you missed reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top of this very forum, so please read it

it contains the latest advice for any private pcn, including yours

follow the advice for your PPC, checking which trade body they use first
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I love easy ones like this. As I said in this thread on pepipoo, where I post as SchoolRunMum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113956

Britannia ones are a cinch to win. In fact I am disappointed when I go to Waitys and fail to collect one!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have put in an appeal based on the forum advice using a template. Will see what happens
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    Forumite
    Abboabb wrote: »
    I have put in an appeal based on the forum advice using a template. Will see what happens

It will be rejected, so don't expect anything different, then you won't be surprised, shocked, or upset. All part of the 'game'. It's what you have to go through to get your POPLA code, and it's at POPLA where you can kick this into the long grass.

You're on your way!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • What are the next steps once it does get rejected?
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What are the next steps once it does get rejected?

You have a straight choice.

1. You lie on the floor, kicking and screaming and then take out a Wonga loan to pay the PPC or

2 You read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum as advised in post #2.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    You have a straight choice.

1. You lie on the floor, kicking and screaming and then take out a Wonga loan to pay the PPC or

2 You read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum as advised in post #2.

Hahaha, and some numpties actually would pay them!

What are the next steps once it does get rejected?

Kind of thought the NEWBIES thread covered that in the section about POPLA, not written for fun!

End result v Britannia = they give up at POPLA stage when they see our template words.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Well... it didn't get rejected! No more fine to pay for me.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    Forumite
    Well... it didn't get rejected! No more fine to pay for me.

Good result - highly unusual - but a good result. Thousands upon thousands of motorists putting in their initial appeals are nowhere near so fortunate.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Most of these forum posts are a few years old now and i am looking for the latest information before i end up regretting ignoring the letters and get taken to court. Any help would be much appreciated.

There are some three hundred posts relating to from the last year alone - and nearly half of them are from the last four months!

However, the most up to date resource of all is the Newbies Sticky - which you clearly agreed to read before doing anything else on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure