Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Karl
    • By MSE Karl 15th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Karl
    MSE News: Ulster Bank to wipe credit searches on savings account applicants
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:56 PM
    MSE News: Ulster Bank to wipe credit searches on savings account applicants 15th Sep 17 at 4:56 PM
    Ulster Bank is working to remove hard searches from the credit files of those who have applied for its eSavings account...
    Read the full story:
    'Ulster Bank to wipe credit searches on savings account applicants after 'incorrect credit scoring''

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 18-09-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Page 1
    • colsten
    • By colsten 15th Sep 17, 5:33 PM
    • 8,721 Posts
    • 7,386 Thanks
    colsten
    • 15th Sep 17, 5:33 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 5:33 PM
    Congratulations to Adam Croft for his £500 compo payment. That Ulster esaver must be one of the best savings accounts ever!!

Shows that complaining right to the top echelon is the right thing to do.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 16th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:23 AM
    This is turning into a major own goal for UB. I wonder how long the 1.25% will last?
    Last edited by RG2015; 16-09-2017 at 8:15 AM.
    • richy4
    • By richy4 16th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    richy4
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    • 16th Sep 17, 6:21 PM
    Great news! Thank you for pursuing this, especially critical for savers like myself who ironically got this account to save for mortgage deposit and am now at risk of having mortgage declined after this credit check!

Is there an estimate for the removal of the search? I'll keep a look out at the end of this month on Credit Club.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,524Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin