Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 814man
    • By 814man 15th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    • 325Posts
    • 263Thanks
    814man
    Leaving the Site
    • 15th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    Leaving the Site 15th Sep 17 at 3:32 PM
    So last week I parked in the Crown Point Shopping Centre in Leeds. Having parked up I walked across to the Reception at the adjacent office block where I used to work to meet a friend who was going to have a look at some electrical stuff with me. We shopped (although I didnt buy computer as planned I did buy some cat stuff from Pets at Home and have receipt as well as having lunch at costa) before returning to car where I found I had a parking charge ticket. Parking is for 3 hours and I'd only been just over 2. The reason for ticket says "Vehicle owner/driver left site"
    My friend says she has now heard of others who work or visit her office complex getting tickets as it seems the parking company are aware that some park in the shopping car park and then go to work. Presumably anyone they see leaving a car and heading to the office block gets a ticket.
    Although I did technically leave the site to meet my friend I certainly did shop and spent most of my time in the shopping complex. Is there a legal definition of this concept of leaving the site?
    Any advise or comments please.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 14,587 Posts
    • 22,941 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    1. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 1 to understand how you deal with this.

2. Name of the parking company please?

3. Get your head around issues concerning 'leaving the site' and read what Judge McIlwaine had to say about a PPC bringing this to his court in sunny Scun thorpe. You will also have a whole new understanding of 'don't forget to bring your toothbrush'.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231)
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 15th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 5,334 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:41 PM
    The s!!!!horpe case is worth reading, you should also complain to the landowner/crown point, although make sure you post any complaint up on here before you send anything
    Last edited by Half_way; 15-09-2017 at 4:42 PM. Reason: S!!!!horpe got mangled with exclamation marks!! second edit- and mod contacted bug in foum
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    if its UKPC etc then you can complain on here

http://www.crownpoint-shopping.co.uk/parking/

if its UKPC, read the BPA advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum, use the blue text template "as is" for your appeal

DO NOT REVEAL who was driving, not to anyone, you were an occupant of the vehicle and a legitimate shopper on site (with proof)

edit post #1 to remove who did what, THE DRIVER and THE KEEPER are acceptable terms , as is AN OCCUPANT OF THE VEHICLE
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Sep 17, 11:45 PM
    • 50,101 Posts
    • 63,486 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:45 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 11:45 PM
    Is it UKPC, or is it UKCPS? You can consult the NEWBIES thread to see how to deal with them.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin