Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 15th Sep 17, 2:43 PM
    • 14,608Posts
    • 34,917Thanks
    JasonLVC
    Toluna - Breaching Data Protection Act
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:43 PM
    Toluna - Breaching Data Protection Act 15th Sep 17 at 2:43 PM
    Toluna are a marketing business which sends you surveys and rewards you with points for doing so (see debt free wanabee and boost your income threads).

I have had difficulty in finding any contact details for the organisation. The telephone number is dead, so is the fax. The only email address is of no use as the person I'm responding to is refusing to respond to my request.

I have asked for a Subject Access Request, asking them to tell me what data they hold about me (I am a member of Toluna) and they have flatly refused and told me the Data Protection Act does not apply to them as they are a marketing firm and the data they hold about me is private to them.

I'm trying to get in touch with the Privacy officer but they are refusing to give those details to me.

Anybody had any luck with contacting these people directly rather than through a email form?

In the meantime, anybody using Toluna, be aware that they do not respect your privacy, your data or the law and I would be careful of using a firm that does not publish any contact details and lists invalid telephone numbers on their corporate website.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 8,219 Posts
    • 4,892 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 4:21 PM
    Are they still in business as I haven't heard from them for ages,but found the payout poor and the number of refusals after going 5 minutes in to be high ?
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 15th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    • 2,701 Posts
    • 1,648 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    Would that be Toluna UK Ltd? If so, the details are on the Information Commissioner's web site:
    https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z2725286
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 16th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    • 15,278 Posts
    • 11,093 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    • 16th Sep 17, 7:15 AM
    Further Information
    lse fails contact himOn LinkedIn?)

If you have a complaint, you may contact us at Toluna SAS, 1 bis rue Collange, 92593 Levallois-Perret Cedex, France.

This comes from a link from the net you may want to google it they seem to be owned by a Frenchman ( if all else fails contact him
    On linkdin ) they have American links also

Some uk contact details here
    http://www.toluna-group.com/en-gb/search-results/contact-us-main
    Last edited by hollydays; 16-09-2017 at 8:20 AM.
    • skintpaul
    • By skintpaul 17th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1,431 Posts
    • 12,915 Thanks
    skintpaul
    • 17th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 12:44 PM
    2 possible listings on companies house register-
    this one likely winding up.. (Toluna UK Limited)
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03956201/filing-history
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 17th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 3,636 Posts
    • 1,856 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 17th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 2:53 PM
    Why not contact the ISO, details in link in post#3, and complain about Toluna's refusal to process a SAR?

Did you send £10 with your SAR request?
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 23rd Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 2,701 Posts
    • 1,648 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 23rd Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    • 23rd Sep 17, 6:15 PM
    2 possible listings on companies house register-
    this one likely winding up.. (Toluna UK Limited)
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03956201/filing-history
    Originally posted by skintpaul
    Perhaps they read MSE, because they submitted their accounts the day after this post! The winding up order has been dropped.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,908Posts Today

5,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin