Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • park_ranger
    • By park_ranger 15th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    park_ranger
    where are Indigo's terms and conditions?
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:50 PM
    where are Indigo's terms and conditions? 15th Sep 17 at 1:50 PM
    I'm just starting the appeals process against Indigo for a penalty notice that claimed the driver breached code 7 - "Not parked fully within a marked bay/designated area"
    The car was parked with the inside of one wheel about 10cm over the white bay marking line, the other three wheels were well within the bay.

The ticket says 'Appeals should be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of parking.

Does anyone know where these terms and conditions are so that I can make sure I am in accordance with them? The only T&C on their web site are the T&Cs for using their app or their web site.

Also does anyone know where a definitive list of breach codes may be found?'

At the station car park there is a sign that refers to bylaw 14 (of what I'm not sure) and it shows several icons, one of which, with a red cross over it, shows a car parked almost diagonally over the line between two bays next to the words, "You must park within a single authorised parking bay or in a marked authorised area".

This is not the same wording as the breach code they claim, in particular the word 'fully' is missing from the sign displayed in the car park.
Page 2
    • park_ranger
    • By park_ranger 28th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    park_ranger
    Ah yes, that's right. Six months or the end of the world, whichever comes first
    • park_ranger
    • By park_ranger 28th Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    park_ranger
    Yep, a few more instances of 'dispute' in that. Thanks KeithP.
    I was intending quoting some of it in my email
    Last edited by park_ranger; 28-10-2017 at 3:46 PM.
    • park_ranger
    • By park_ranger 30th Nov 17, 2:49 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    park_ranger
    Just a quick update.
    It's now over a month since I ignored the appeal rejection letter and more than two months since the alleged breach code. I've heard nothing more from Indigo and the registered keeper has not yet had a Notice to Keeper, so they are out of time with that as well as a means of obtaining driver details. I guess it's now just a matter of waiting another four months with my paper recycling bin handy for any debt recovery letters from official sounding companies.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 3:05 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    File but ignpore debt recovery
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 30th Nov 17, 3:05 PM
    • 7,755 Posts
    • 8,021 Thanks
    pappa golf
    parking Co,s have 6 mths to get info from the DVLA , obviously they will struggle with any POFa rubbish if late or over 56 days

debt collection companies can do as they wish , however after a recent situation with TNC , the dvla stated that they were going to amend the situation to reflect PPCs , ie: 6 mths
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin