Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deedee7575
    • By deedee7575 15th Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    deedee7575
    Help please my holiday is doomed and not even there yet
    • 15th Sep 17, 1:19 PM
    Help please my holiday is doomed and not even there yet 15th Sep 17 at 1:19 PM
    can anyone help me my friend has booked a hotel threw thomas cook and the hotel reviews are scarey its to turkey is cost over £600 all inclusive aqnd its not no were near inclusive what the hotel offer theres prostitues outside the hotel every night the reviews are so bad blood staned and yellow sheets cann anytone give me any info on what she can do so i can pass info on to her please she flys the 29th its called the selge hotel
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Sep 17, 2:16 PM
    • 14,158 Posts
    • 14,862 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:16 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:16 PM
    If she wants to cancel, she needs to check the cancellation policy.

The prostitutes are unlikely to be included in the all inclusive option, so best to check that out first.
    • starrybee
    • By starrybee 15th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 17,183 Thanks
    starrybee
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    If she wants to cancel, she needs to check the cancellation policy.

The prostitutes are unlikely to be included in the all inclusive option, so best to check that out first.
    Originally posted by zx81

Why did she book it and then only look at the reviews afterwards?

• glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 3,857 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    Love this hotel and people working there! It's quiet, small, clean and near to city attractions. This place is so cheap with all inclusive but still it is offering a lot. Drinks are okey, everywhere is clean, food tastes good. Service is perfect, everybody are smiling and helful. We spent a really good time here. We came back home happy and relax.
    Great place if you don't expect luxury. We recommend in 100%!

One word, Excellent! Stayed here for 20 nights all inclusive, on the arrival day the room was really clean, the towels were folded into the shape of swans with decoration petals: really impressed me. I really enjoyed the food, all the staff made me feel so welcome it felt like been at home with family. I would recommend to stay here for a holiday anytime!

Once we booked the holiday we didnt know what to expect as it was so cheap but it exceeded all our expectations...the staff were wonderful and would go above and beyond for anyone,especially Huseyin..... clean, good food, great pool area and free bus to their own part of the beach...staff down there again all friendly..would definately recommend this hotel...only bad thing to mention is if you like wine on the all inclusive you will be up every 5 mins as you only get a mouthful at a time!

doesn't look too bad to me
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 15th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 7,798 Posts
    • 7,887 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    All this on top of a volcano too

Why did people ever feel the need for help with volcano chaos. ?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    • 15,303 Posts
    • 38,416 Thanks
    elsien
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:35 PM
    I do quite like the review where the person is complaining the hotel is tight because they can only have their vodkas one at a time. Gotta love the Brits abroad.

If you look at the reviews across several sites, they are quite mixed but balance out at 3 star. With a lot of comments about limited food and drink choices, while also commenting that if you pay a very cheap price for a holiday then you have to expect it's probably going to be quite basic.
    If the hotel doesn't offer what you want, it's cheap enough that you can head off out elsewhere for a decent night's entertainment.
    But this close to flying she is likely to have the option of going or of pulling out and losing her money.
    I don't know why you're saying it's not all inclusive when the reviews say it's offering food, alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Ok, the choices may be limited, but they're there. What else does she think all-inclusive should offer?
    Last edited by elsien; 15-09-2017 at 6:42 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 15th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 15,303 Posts
    • 38,416 Thanks
    elsien
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:52 PM
    Would also like to add that I've found the reviews mentioning the prostitutes and the stained sheets on holidaywatchdog.com and they are both from 2010.
    You really need to check out some more recent review before panicking.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 15th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 3,857 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 6:58 PM
    Would also like to add that I've found the reviews mentioning the prostitutes and the stained sheets on holidaywatchdog.com and they are both from 2010.
    You really need to check out some more recent review before panicking.
    Originally posted by elsien

Damn, I was just about to book too
    • budgetflyer
    • By budgetflyer 24th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 5,652 Posts
    • 3,615 Thanks
    budgetflyer
    • 24th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    • 24th Sep 17, 10:39 AM
    Its ok. They will still be there. Just a few more wrinkles.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

722Posts Today

6,140Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin